My Happy Ending

Caladwen's POV:

When I recovered from my injury, Legolas and I left Rivendell. We went back to Mirkwood just after Aragorn's coronation. Since there was peace in Middle Earth once again, I planned on spending the rest of my life in peace and with Legolas. I retired Sadron. He became a pleasure riding horse and I think that he enjoyed that. I loved Mirkwood. I have never felt more at home, than when I was here. Legolas treated me like a queen too. Gimli occasionally visited. Him and Legolas were such best friends, that it brought joy to my heart.

However, I never felt the same after recovering. Perhaps it was because I was no longer fighting or living in Mordor. Or perhaps it was because Sauron was gone. Whatever it was, I didn't feel the same. And I don't think that Legolas and Gimli did either. With a lot of time discussing and thinking, the three of us decided to cross into the undying lands. Where we found peace and tranquility. We even saw some familiar faces too.

Legolas and I never had a wedding. But, that didn't stop us from getting married in private. We didn't have any young ones of our own, mainly because I couldn't have any, which broke my heart. I had always wanted to be a mother, but I suppose it just wasn't meant to be. However, I did get wonderful friends and family out of the deal. And an even better husband.

To this day, him and I live happily with each other. Along with Gimli. The two friends are inseparable.

The End