Adoption Day

It was adoption day at the orphanage. I am never really comfortable on adoption day. Always makes me nervous being on that big stage with a lot of people staring at me. Mrs. Annabelle knew this and found a way to help me. She came over to where I was sitting waiting for my hair to get done when she slipped an iPod in my hands.
She then slipped white earbuds into my ears music started playing blocking out the sound. I looked up at Mrs. Annabelle as she smiled down at me before walking behind me to put my blonde curly hair up into pigtails.
Making sure to leave down some bangs before putting some the special cream in my hair so it would look less frizzy. Over the intercom came out a robotic voice "all littles are to line up by the stage and wait for their name to be called" it repeated again before the click sound signaling the announcement is over. I look up at Mrs. Annabelle as she smiled down at me taking my hand as I jump down off my seat and over to the side of the stage with the other littles.

If you hadn't gotten it yet this isn't a normal orphanage, this is a little orphanage meaning we are all at least 19 and older but we have the headspace of a baby or toddler. Mrs. Annabelle was our main caregiver while we stayed here.

Most called her mama, but I stopped calling her that after watching the scary movie Mama on a dare the other littles made me do. None the other littles really liked me. I was a little chubbier then them with Blonde curly hair that always frizzed out unless Mrs. Annabelle put the special cream in it. With blue eyes one slightly darker than the other.
They always teased me about my hair and weight saying no daddy would want a fat fuzzy ball.

I started crying one day really upset and for a week refused to eat anything. Till Mrs. Annabelle came to me she cradled me in her arms saying I was perfect the way I was, any daddy that got to take me home would be the luckiest daddy in the world.

She feeds me and watched over me closely after that. Now here we are standing in line on the side the stage waiting for my name to be called. Most of the littlest in line had either shorts and crop top on or a bright colored dress on. That was another thing different about me I liked more Lolita style not so colorful. That's what I was wearing a black lolita dress with white ribbons hanging from the bottom.

(Closest to how I was seeing her  wearing)I had my rabbit stuffie in my free arm holding him close his long ears laying over my arm

(Closest to how I was seeing her wearing)
I had my rabbit stuffie in my free arm holding him close his long ears laying over my arm.

"Rosiella" my name came over the intercom and I admittedly felt my heart jump in my throat

"Rosiella" my name came over the intercom and I admittedly felt my heart jump in my throat. I looked up at Mrs. Annabelle as tears started to weld. She knelt down to my level and wiped away my tears and spoke softly to me. "Today is your day Rosey I know it I feel it in my bones. Your new Daddy is out there waiting to see you." I don't know why older people always say they can feel things in their bones but what she said comforted me. Mrs. Annabelle wasn't that old late 30's at most but she sure talked like she was waaay older, it made me giggle thinking about it.

She smiled at me and said, "now there's the happy Rosey I love to see." She picked me up and sat me on the second step of the stairs and patted my bottom softly. "Now go get your new daddy." She said with a wink.
I stepped up the last step sleepily before the intercom repeats my name again. I took a deep breath and pressed the play button on the iPod again as Melanie Martinez- crybaby started playing in my ears.

I shifted Marshmallow my bunny in front on me so his ears flopped over my arms showing his face. I looked down slowly walking to the pink X on the floor. Making sure not to slip and fall like last time.

I reach the X with success and stared at the ground, until I hear a cough and looked up to see the usual man that did the Auction glaring at me then did a hard nod to the left, signaling me to look out into the crowd to show my face.

I had the iPod low enough to hear him make sure when my turn was over but not to hear the crowd. I lifted my head slowly to look out into the crowd but couldn't see anyone causes the bright lights above me. I looked over to the right to see tv with my picture and my information on it.

The auction man read off my information "Rosiella, 22 years of age, little age 1 to 5 years of age, height 5'', Likes to read and watch cartoons, favorite colors are black and red, oldest here physical youngest mentality and even her looks are young." He half laughed and scoffed at his own joke.

I looked up at him with a glare before looking at my feet as I pointed my toes together. "We will start off at 20,000," he said quickly I heard him rattle off numbers so fast I started to get dizzy. All sudden a voice boomed from somewhere in the back so loud I could hear it through my music. "$1,000,000!!!" My head admittedly shot up trying to search for the face to the voice. "SOLD for $1,000,000 and our new bid record!"