Flee In The Night 12

Azra's POV:

I tried to walk in the cave with Logan, John, my dad, and Jackson, but they told me to stay outside, so I visited with some of the pack members.

I heard loud growling and didn't care anymore about them not wanting me in there. I ran into the cave to see the men before me absolutely enraged.

I placed my arms around my mate and his body became less and less tense with every second I held on to him.

'Dad, Jackson, John..' They all glanced at me with black eyes. 'I need you all to calm down and tell me what's going on'

Jackson punched the side of the cave, bloodying his hand and knuckles. 'He raped you!' He sneered in utter disgust. 'Why didn't you tell me this thru the link? Maybe I could've figured out a way to..'

'There was nothing anyone could do' I cut him off. 'It happened ok? It was horrible and, and' my voice caught in my throat and tears spilled over my eyes. Logan wrapped his strong arms around me protectively and it gave me the will to finish speaking. 'It was horrible, but there was nothing anyone could do. Not y'all I said pointing to dad and Jack, not Logan, not John.. no one.'

'You are the strongest person I know, Honey and I'm sorry if I failed as your dad. I should've been able to stop this.' My dad said as he hung his head down.

I thru my arms around him. 'Dad, you have never failed me. There was nothing you could've done.'

All I wanted was to comfort these amazing men who cared for me so much.

Jackson's POV:

I couldn't breathe, I couldn't stop shaking, I was seriously losing it. Azra kept saying she was okay, but her words gave me little comfort.

My best friend was taken and raped; I should've been able to stop it. I should've pushed harder to get us here earlier. I should've done something.

'Logan,' I looked at Azra's mate. 'We have to destroy Bruce. Kidnapping and raping someone from my pack is punishable by death.' I ground my teeth together in anger.

'I'm with you one hundred percent' Logan spoke to me. 'As am I' John joined in.

'Im going to notify my father and have him meet us closer to home with the rest of our fighters. How large is your pack?'

'Its fair size, but the people have been run down. Bruce doesn't have many people who will help him in battle.'

'Excellent.' I smirked enjoying this information.

'I have a request.' I turned my head to Azra.

'What's your request?' I asked not sure what she was wanting.

'I kill Bruce.' She said. I saw the anger in her eyes, but she quickly controlled it. Azra was good at keeping her emotions under control and hidden. That's what helped her become such a skilled fighter.

'No.' Logan's voice rang out.

'Excuse me?' Azra shot back. That wolf is going to have his paws full with her. I laughed to myself as I watched the argument unfold.

'Azra, baby,' Logan started, completely trying to suck up. 'The fighting is too dangerous. I'm not risking you getting hurt, or worse.'

Azra got as close to Logan as she could. He was a good head taller than him, but that didn't stop her. She stood on her tip toes trying to be nose to nose with him.

'Logan,' she all but growled. 'You are my mate. I love and respect you, but you aren't my boss and you won't be telling me what to do like I'm a child. He took something precious from me and I wanna make him suffer.'

Man, she was a spitfire.

Azra's POV:

I saw Logan tense when I finished the last word of my sentence. I saw pain rush over his face, but I thought it was just the pain he felt for me. He kept his eyes focused, not dropping my gaze. 'Azra, you are not the only one who's had something special taken by Bruce.' He dropped his head and turned away from me.

As what he said registered in my head, my heart instantly hurt. I grabbed him and turned him around, so I could hug him. 'Logan, I'm so sorry. I wasn't even thinking about that. Please don't be mad at me.' I begged him.

'Im not mad at you' he said pulling me tighter into him.

Jack spoke up. 'Are we missing something here?'

I sat them down as Logan and I explained how Bruce had killed Logan's father and forced his mom to mate with him. We told them how he had poisoned both Anne and Logan's mother.

Afterwards we all sat for a few minutes quietly, taking everything in. I looked over at Jackson and knew he was having a mind link conversation due to the look on his face.

'Logan, are there enough caves for everyone to sleep in tonight? We're going to all leave in the morning to meet my father with the rest of the fighters.'

Logan nodded his head at Jack and Jack walked out with my dad and John behind him.

It had been such a stressful afternoon and evening that I was thankful for some time alone; just me and this amazing mate of mine.

We both walked to the back of the cave and laid down on the blankets. He held me closely and we both slept; getting the rest that we'd need soon for the battle.