Flee In The Night 8

I woke up startled because I heard voices yelling to each other and they seemed to be getting closer to us. The sun was shining brightly and I figured it was mid afternoon.

I shook Logan, 'Logan,' I whispered. 'Wake up.'

He opened his eyes and when he took in my worried expression he sat straight up. 'Are you ok?' he asked,

I put my finger to my mouth to quiet him and pointed towards the exit of the cave signaling him to listen. The voices rang out again, but I couldn't quite tell what they were saying.

Logan stood and pulled me up, then pushed me gingerly to the back of the cave. He stood in front of me protectively.

'Try and contact someone from your pack.' he told me.

I concentrated on my pack mind link and called out, 'Jackson?'

A few moments went by when I finally heard Jackson's voice. 'Azra, I'm here. Are you okay?'

Relief flooded thru me, 'Im fine, but there have been some changes in my location.'

'Have they moved you?' the panic was clear in his voice.

'I found my mate Jack.' I smiled at the thought. 'He saved me. We're hidden in a cave a few miles off the outskirts of where they had me.'

'Your mate saved you?' I think he meant it as a statement, but it sounded more like a question.

'He did. His name is Logan. He's so amazing Jack.' I wanted to forget what was going on and just tell him all about the wonderful man fate had given me.

Logan nudged my arm and I told Jackson to hold on. I listened for the voices and luckily they were getting farther away. I sighed in relief, but I was still nervous, because one they were searching for us and two, my pack members weren't supposed to be here until tomorrow.

'Jackson, how much longer until you're here?' I asked him knowing it would be late tomorrow night.

'Well, we've made excellent timing. We should be there a little past lunch time tomorrow.'

I immediately got excited to see my best friend, my dad, and my pack members. I couldn't wait to introduce them to Logan. I knew he would fit into our pack so wonderfully.

'Logan, they'll be here a little after lunch tomorrow.' I told him barely able to contain myself.

'Tell them to come to the far side on the east about three miles from the property line.' he told me with a smile coming on his face as well.

I informed Jackson and he said they would notify us when they were close.

'Be safe Azra. If anything happens, let me know immediately.'

'Dont worry Jackson, I'm in good hands.'

With that I blocked him out to spend some time with my mate. My stomach growled before I could even speak to him.

He looked at me and laughed, 'Is my little mate hungry?'

I stuck my tongue out at him as my stomach roared again. 'Maybe a little' I said as I joined in with him laughing.

He grabbed his bag and got some food out and a bottle of water. I went to reach for my food, but he stopped me.

The first meal you have with your mate, the male is supposed to feed the female, to show that he will provide for her.

'Sorry, I forgot.' I told him as I scooted closer to him. I decided I'd feed him as he fed me and that worked out very nicely. When we were done he pulled me into him and I cuddled my head on his chest, listening to his strong heart beat.

'Tell me about yourself some more Logan. I never knew Bruce had a son.'

He stiffened as I said Bruce's name. 'You knew Bruce before he captured you?' He asked with confusion strong in his voice.

'Yes. Bruce is my Alpha's brother.'

A shocked look came across his face. So, I continued.

'Bruce was mated to a woman named Anne, she died suddenly from poison and he left shortly after. Some say he was crazy before her passing, others say after.'

Logan took a deep breath before shaking his head. 'Bruce isn't my real father, Azra.'

My real father was the previous Alpha. One day Bruce challenged my father for leadership. He came out of nowhere, my mom told me, and just thought he could take over.' his voice sounded like he was in pain.

I kissed his cheek and took his hand in my mine.

'I was twelve at the time. My dad walked into our home and told me he loved me and no matter what happened that he would always be with me. That was the last time I saw my father alive.' A silent tear ran down his cheek.

If someone challenges the Alpha of a pack for the title, they fight until one is in submission (showing their neck), or til one dies.

'Baby, we can finish this story another time, it's hurting you.' I told him rubbing his cheek.

'No,' he said sternly. 'You need to hear this.'

'After Bruce won, he forced my mother into mating with him and remaining Luna. He forced me to call him dad. He ran our pack into the ground, but no one ever tried to defy him.'

I took it all in before asking, 'Wheres your mother? Why is wanting to mate me, if he has her?'

A look of pain shot thru Logan's face, 'She mysteriously died... Of poisoning.'

He looked at me waiting for me to realize what he had already figured out.

'Bruce killed your mother.. And Anne.' I was in complete disbelief. I went to speak, but stopped when a large figure stepped into the cave.