Flee In The Night 22

Azra's POV:

As fast as Bruce was on me, he was knocked off of me. I jumped up and saw Logan pin Bruce to the ground.

The rage in my mate's eyes was intense. Ive never seen someone look so vicious in my life; that should be a warning for anyone to mess with someone's mate and unborn pup

Bruce's death came to him, but it was a slow and painful one. Logan took his time in making him suffer and gruesome wasn't even close to describing what we all saw that day.

When it was finally over I sighed in relief that my mate was able to end the man who brought on so much pain and hurt.

That's when it really started sinking in that Alpha was gone. I turned human and walked over to Jackson. I pulled him into a hug as the warm tears began falling from my eyes.

'Azra,' he said softly. 'Dad wouldn't of wanted you to cry. He hated seeing you upset.'

I pulled back from him and wiped my eyes. 'Youre right. We need to be strong for him, Alpha.'

Jackson's eyes grew bigger as the realization finally hit him; he was now Alpha.

Jackson's POV:

I watched Logan end Bruce once and for all and I can't say I didn't enjoy the torturous way he killed him. That mut deserved everything he got.

After it was over we all changed human and hurriedly searched for clothes to cover our naked bodies with.

Everyone stood around, probably calming themselves and taking in the events of the day. Some were crying and holding someone; others were sitting alone quietly. They were all in some way mourning the loss of my father.

Azra found her way to me and wrapped me in her arms. I heard her sniffle and felt her tears fall on my skin.

'Azra,' I tried to sound soothing. 'He wouldn't have wanted you to cry. He hated seeing you upset.'

She pulled back and wiped her face. 'Youre right, we have to be strong for him, Alpha.'

'She called me Alpha.' I thought in my head. That's when it him me; I was now Alpha. I was the leader of the pack. I called all the shots.

A million thoughts started coursing thru my mind. 'What should we do now?' I asked aloud more to myself then anyone else.

I looked around at the pack members, my pack members, and it all just came to me.

'Everyone,' I started nervously. 'We're going to go to The Blue Moonlight Pack's territory.'

That earned me some confused looks. 'We need to inform the women and children of what happened, and we need to return the members who so graciously fought with us,' I looked to the four people who helped us, 'and also, their new Alpha.' I looked at Logan who now looked like a deer in headlights.