Flee In The Night 15

Azra's POV:

When everyone woke up later that morning we were informed by Jackson that we'd be meeting the rest of the pack members that were going to be fighting, half way. Which mean we had a two day run to do.

The run itself wasn't bad. We stopped for a few breaks a well needed sleep at night. Thru the entire trip I kept a huge grin on my face. I couldn't wait to meet up with the other pack members and I wanted to tell my dad that Logan and I were having a pup.

Jackson mind linked me, 'We're about there. Shouldn't be more than twenty minutes away.'

'Good, I'm tired of running.'

'Azra?'

'Yeah Jack?'

'Wanna tell me why you've been grinning the entire time?' He asked being nosey.

'Can you keep a secret?' I asked figuring I might as well tell him.

He looked at me and grinned, in wolf form, of course. 'I can.'

'Logan and I are having a pup.'

Complete silence was all I heard for a solid three minutes.

'I, I, I'm going to kinda be like an Uncle?' he stammered out.

'Yeah, an Uncle.' We arrived at our destination as I sent that sentence thru the link. We all changed human and met up with our pack members and Alpha.

Alpha embraced me, he was always like a second father. 'Azra, I'm so thankful your safe.

I returned his hug, then looked at Logan and back to Alpha. 'Alpha, this is my mate, Logan. He saved me from Bruce.'

Alpha held his hand out to my mate. 'Its an honor to meet you. I'm in debt to you for saving a member of my pack.' He held his head down momentarily and mumbled, 'Since I failed to protect her.'

'Sir,' Logan shook his hand and spoke. 'From what I've heard, you are an excellent leader to this pack and it wasn't your fault that Azra was taken. I believe that was fate bringing her, in a way that I hate, to me.'

'I suppose you may be right.' Alpha replied thoughtfully. 'David, Jackson, Logan, we need to sit down and discuss our plans and strategy.'

The men nodded and Logan pointed to John. 'This is. John, I would like to include him. He helped with Azra's rescue.'

Alpha nodded. 'Thank you John.'

Logan kissed my forehead and they started walking off. 'Wait, stop!' I yelled out unable to contain my excitement anymore.

Logan's POV:

I turned abruptly when I heard my mate cry out, as did the other men.

She came running the small distance to us. 'Azra,' David spoke. 'Are you ok?'

'Yes Daddy, but I have something I need to tell you.'

I looked at my mate confused, because I thought we were going to wait til we returned to her pack to tell everyone.

She smiled at me and took my hand in hers. Everyone was watching her wondering what the news was that she couldn't hold in.

'Dad, Alpha, Jack..' she looked at me, then back to them. 'Logan and I are going to have a pup.'

The men's reactions brought out a comical laugh. Jackson just smiled, her Alpha looked confused, and her dad's jaw could've been picked up off of the ground.

'Are you ok Dad?' Azra touched his shoulder while speaking in a worried tone.

David stayed quiet a few minutes longer then pulled his daughter into a hug. 'I'm so happy for you baby girl and you too son.'

When David called me son, I can't explain how good it felt. Bruce had called me son plenty of times, but he was no father to me; he killed my parents.

'Thank you Daddy!'

'Thank you David.' He looked at me with seriousness in his eyes. 'Its okay to call me Dad, if you want. I know I can't replace your real father, but I can be like a second one.'

My whole body felt warm at how nice it was of him to say that. 'Thank you, Dad.' I told him and it looked like pride flashed across his face.

We sat around talking to everyone for a few minutes and for once in so long I felt completely happy; despite the upcoming battle. I had a wonderful mate, a pup on the way, and people who gave me a real family.