Flee In The Night 21

Logan's POV:

The actual battle hadn't lasted very long at all. Bruce didn't have many wolves compared to the numbers standing with us.

I never expected to see Azra's Alpha fall and when it happened everything just went crazy.

The four wolves left were instantly ripped apart and Jackson went after Bruce.

When Azra ran to help Jackson my heart fell; I couldn't lose her now that I'd finally found her. I raced to her and halted as I watched her knock Bruce down.

They both got back up quickly and began to circle each other. Jackson and I both flanked to each of her sides.

'Finish him.' I said to her thru our link. She stepped forward snarling and growling with the most evil look I've ever seen in her eyes. They were pitch black and she stared intently at her prey before she lunged right for him, tackling him to the ground.

I can't explain how hard it was to watch my mate fight, but she surprised me with her abilities. For a she-wolf, she was fighting like a male. I remembered her saying something about Jackson training with her, he did a great job.

I couldn't help but notice how stunning she was; even as a wolf with dirt and blood covering her, she was beautiful.

A loud whimper pulled me from my thoughts. Bruce had my mate pinned on the ground and I just knew he was about to try and end her. 'Over my dead body.' I thought as I tackled him to the ground.

Azra's POV:

The fight between Bruce and I began as soon as I lunged for him. I landed on top of him and instantly I brought my teeth down on the back of his neck; tearing the flesh.

He managed to buck me off of him, but I regained my composure in a matter of seconds and stood my ground.

He came at me, we were snout to snout. I raised my paw and slashed his ugly face with my claws. He snapped at me, but missed. I jumped at him, again ignoring what I'd been trained, and somehow he managed to move. When my paws hit the dirt, he hit me, and before I knew it; I was pinned on the ground.

I fought to get up; snapping, growling, pushing, but nothing worked. There was no way I would show this idiot my neck in submission; I'd rather him kill me. Right when I knew he was about to go in for the kill I thought of the good moments with my sweet mate and waited for Bruce's strike.

It never came.