Unique occupation

A very special occupation: In conclusion there is one work, occupation, profession or whatever you want to call it that is unique in every respect. If you were to write about it and even if you fill volumes you cannot give justice to it. The occupation we are talking about is that of a 'housewife'. A housewife is a woman whose responsibility is running or managing her family's home—caring for her children and giving them proper Islamic tarbiyat (training or upbringing), cooking, arranging to buy goods that the family needs in everyday life, housekeeping and maintaining the home.

However, the most important role she has to play is that of an 'ideal wife'. Allah says in His Noble Qur'an:

"And among His Signs is that He created for you wives from among yourselves, that you may find tranquillity in them, and He has put between you affection and mercy. Verily, in that are indeed signs for a people who reflect." (Surah Ar-Rum verse 21)

She has to be his solace, his right hand in every respect, the one who shares his problems, guards his wealth, saves him from indulging in haram. And what reward she gets for being an ideal wife? In a hadith Nabi Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam said:

"If a woman dies while her husband is pleased with her, she will enter Paradise." (Tirmidhi)

Allah Ta'ala has created a woman and moulded her in such a way that she fits perfectly in that occupation.