You Hurt Him

Phil and I ran into the hospital full of worry and rage. How could Josh do this? He was such a sweet guy. He played me and he played me good.

Slamming my hands on the front desk I yelled, "Where is he?! Where is Daniel Howell?"

The lady at the front desk shuddered in fright, "R-Room 213."

I ran away to find him while Phil stayed back, probably to apologize to the lady.

I continued to run the Dan's room,not caring about the stares I got from passing people. Then I saw him after what felt like hours of running down never ending hallways.

Seeing Dan laying in his hospital bed was like having a knife stabbed through my heart. His left eye was black and swollen, cuts were plastered all over his arms and legs, his nose and mouth were tattooed with blood stains.

"Y-Y/N?" His voice was weak and cracking, but somehow still prominent in all of his pain.

"Oh Squish, what happened?" I brushed a long strand of curly hair out of his face, as tears rolled off my face and dropped on his small, swollen face.

His eyes fluttered close before saying a word.

"Y/N/N?"

Josh.

"How could you?! How could you?! How could you?!" I sobbed as I hit him in the chest over and over again.

"Please let me explain."

I sniffled as I pulled away and crossed my arms, "You have five minutes."

"Okay, Dan came over to our-I mean my flat and tried to convince me to get back with you. He was so angry at me for hurting you and I don't blame him, at all. Anyways after a couple minutes of explanation and persuasion, I decided to go with him and try and win you back. As we walked down the stairs, Dan tripped and fell down three flights of stairs. He even broke through a window. You see, I didn't do anything, I was the one who called ambulance and went with him to the hospital. It was all a misunderstanding."

"Are you lying to me?"

"Why would I do that?"

I thought for a moment, "You're right, I trust you."

We stood in silence as we looked over Dan, his chest rising up and down ever so slightly. The doctors contacted me earlier saying that Dan was extremely tired and by the time I got here, he would be asleep, so we weren't freaking out.

Josh sighed, "No."

I stared at him with confusing, "What?"

"We were never going to work. You love him too much to let him go [r e f e r e n c e  a l e r t]".

"But-"

"No, be with him, I want you to."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive."

He walked out with saying another word. Once again, a friend, a lover, lost forever.

Shaking it off, I walked to Dan and sat on the side of Dan's bed. I started to brush through his hair with one hand, while the other intertwined with his cold hand with my fairly warm one, singing to us quietly.

And I'll never let leave you because it's true,

Cause you like me too much and I like you