Gone

Dan's POV

Pregnant? That one word stuck in my head all day, just a constant reminder of the potential consequences I caused my poor Y/N. Worst thing is, I'm too much of a coward to face her. She seemed alright with our unborn child. But I couldn't make out how she really felt about our little situation.

I decided to go to Phil for some advice on what we should do, being young parents and all. Driving over to Phil's flat, I realized something. I just left Y/N alone and probably scared out of her mind. I left the love of my life, afraid, alone, and just feeling like the worst person ever, by herself. Some boyfriend I am, huh?

I turned around and sped back to our flat to apologize, and beg for forgiveness. But quickly slammed on my brakes when I was in front of a baby and toddler store.

Inside, I spotted a small teddy bear holding a heart balloon. I knew Y/N would love that, so I picked it up along with some flowers for a little something extra.

I played and rushed out of the store, needing to get back to her as quickly as I could.

"Baby! I'm sorry, I'm here for you and our little angel! Y/N? Where are you, darling?" I called out, setting down the bear and flowers.

I walked into our room, to find all her drawers her open and empty, same in our closet and bathroom. She can't be, gone? Could she? She did happen to leave one thing behind, as a final memory of herself, a note on the bed.

My dearest Daniel,

I am sorry but I'm leaving. I don't blame you, a child is a lot of responsibility. But, I can stay in this flat any longer knowing the that I can't raise the family I've always dreamed of to raise with you. Please do not be upset or distressed. I did this, not you. It sounds stupid, I just love you too much, Howell, and I want you to be happy. If that means, without me and my child, then so be it. If you need anything, ask Phil or Emily for my new phone number or address. Remember, I love you, Howell, forever and always.

Sincerely,
Y/N

I was left speechless, she left. How could she just be gone like that? Oh, Dan what did you do to yourself.