Chapter 15

This will be good. I hope. I'm kinda all over the place and I personally don't think this story is up to par to what I'd like it to be. But it's got almost 500 reads so it must be okay which I can't thank you guys enough for seriously. And whoever has been voting, this chapter Is dedicated to you. My news feed is being a bish and not showing me feedback on my story and stuff. Merp. But just know how appreciative I am for your votes and comments and reads! Xxx

-

It had been a couple days since the mobbing at the mall, since my mom died, and since Luke kissed me. We were alright, and it was like nothing in the locking lips department had ever happened between us. In a way, I was grateful, but I wanted to know what it meant, and that was still left unanswered.

According to the boys, their fan base is still increasing, and honestly, I've never seen them more ecstatic. I can't blame them. It felt like just yesterday they were all still little cupcakes. Luke didn't have a quiff, Michael's hair hadn't been dyed so many times, Calum didn't have a tattoo and Ashton still had straight hair. But not anymore. It's like the old days are dead and gone.

They aren't little boys anymore, at least not the ones I knew. I never knew Ashton as a little boy, but I knew him when he was sixteen, and he's seventeen now so I think that counts.

I feel like a mom reminiscing on old, distant time. And in a way, I am. But I'm not a mom, and they haven't left me. . .yet.

Five Seconds of Summer is good, really good. Like Ashton said, they have a small fan base. They're going to go somewhere great, if they're already worthy of their own "5sos family" as they like to call it. But I just don't know how soon before their little YouTube band takes off. The selfish part of me doesn't want them to get the fame they deserve, because that meant they'd have to leave me. The only friends I'd ever actually had, would leave. I didn't want that. But then the not so cold part of me, wants- no, needs them to be happy. I wouldn't ruin that for them. Not if my life depended on it.

I scroll through iTunes, searching for a song to match my mood as I read the fault in out stars for the billionth time. I eventually give up and hit shuffle, my phone immediately playing all the songs I don't feel like listening too. Every few minuets another song that goes against my emotions, but I can't bring myself to change it.

My fingers skim numbered pages, I absorb every word even though I have the book practically branded into my mind. It was my first day in a few weeks that I'd gone this long without seeing one of the boys. Maybe they got tired of me. I couldn't blame them if they did. I get tired of me all the time.

Luke hadn't called yet, if he was going to call at all. I wasn't getting clingy or anything, but I had just gotten so used to at least one of the boys calling me twice every hour. Maybe a little alone time is what I needed, but my mind kept telling me alone time with Luke would be better. Doing anything with Luke is better. But they were probably trying to make up for lost band practice.

After a good hour of listening to music that I wasn't in the mood for, and flipping pages to my hearts content, I decided to retreat to my laptop. I went to YouTube, my original plan to watch Pewdiepie because I was that much of a nerd, but then I remembered the cover I did with Luke.

Hesitantly, I looked for it on their page, and it was there. I felt my nerves twist a little as I clicked on the video, scrolling down too see a lot of views. But I knew they weren't to see me, but to see Luke Hemmings. They were probably curious, or even uneasy that Luke showed up on a video with a girl of such low physically attractiveness, but I accepted that a long time ago.

They say curiosity killed the cat, but I couldn't help, I went to the comments section. There were a few hundred comments, probably too many for me to read, but my eyes scanned over them slowly one by one anyway.