Chapter 11

I have dedications coming in a few chapters :DDDD

-

"Hey Violetttt-" Calum starts but he's practically cut off by my breathing. Heaving violently and fast, coming in short exasperated puffs. I had called Calum as soon as I got off the phone with that receptionist lady, or whatever.

"Calum, please come quick, I need you to drive me to the hospital." I rush to get the words out of my mouth.

"Why? What happened?" Calum sounded panicked over the line. No, no, no, I'm already panicking. Calum, keep it together! I mentally yell at him, my mouth already occupied by an oncoming anxiety attack. Seriously, fuck my life.

"Moms-hospital-drunk-" I stammer, my words smudging together with my breaths of anxiety.

"Okay, Vi," He says and I can hear his worry subsiding into nothing, relieved it's not me in need of medical attention. "Luke is closer, shouldn't he take you? I wouldn't be much help compared to him."

"Luke is pissed at me," I say, my words feeling cold and clammy as they roll off my tongue. "Please Calum?" I beg hopelessly over the line, my feelings whirling together into a twister. Too much. . .its too much at once. . .

"Yeah, yeah, I'm on my way." He says and before the line goes silent I hear his feet against tile in a hurry.

Calum only lived a few neighborhoods away from me, the same one as Michael. That's why he was my go too guy, since Luke was pissed at me. Calum was the first person to pop up on my contacts list besides Ashton. Ashton lived to far away from the rest of us and Cal was the first guy I saw as my fingers shook and scrolled through my alphabetical contact list.

I shove my phone back down I'm my pocket, my breaths still wild as I rushed out of my room, not closing the door. I was too frantic at the moment to think of anything other than getting to that hospital.

Yea, I hated my mom. A lot. And yeah, she hated me more. But she was still the only mom I had, and the only one I was going to get. She was an alcoholic bitch but maybe in a different life, we could have been something close to mother and daughter. Maybe, just maybe, we could have been friends. But not in this lifetime. And it seems her time is almost up.

Tears leak out from the corners of my eyes and I let them glide down the sides of my face without interfering with them. I guess this was my way of my emotions oozing out. I didn't feel like crying, though. I just feel like I was being stretched out it billions of different directions, a billion different feeling tugging me a different way. I was getting spread too thin, and I cried against my will.

I left the door unlocked at I tripped my way outside, and thank god I saw Calum's car pull up in a rush. There must not have been too much traffic.

"Vi, get In!" He beckons me to the passenger seat, already holding the door open for me. I do as told and hurl myself into the car, slamming the door closed behind me as Calum speeds off.

I fumble around with my seatbelt, hands shaking, my breathing still uneven and choppy, but under control. I hear the little click and I let my hands relax at my sides once I'm buckled In.

"Thanks, Cal." I breath and clamp my eyes shut, focusing on my heartbeat with can be clearly heard in my ears.

"Shh, it's fine." He tells me and puts a comforting hand on my shoulder. Then a small whimper rakes my body, a quiet, strangled sob. He slips his hand between me and the seat cushion, rubbing my back. "Oh, don't cry Violet." His voice was calm, not demanding. He always hated seeing me sad. He said it made him want to cry because seeing me cry was just that heartbreaking.