Chapter Twenty Three~ Daddy?

2 weeks later

Annie Marie

"Babe I told you I was fine," I said smiling at him over FaceTime.

It's been a whole two weeks since my "father" got in contact with me. The only reason I haven't got a call from him is because I blocked him. For one I didn't like whoever was playing on my phone because I know damn well that my father is dead.

Ever since that night, Aug has been pestering me. Thinking that I'm upset. It's also been two weeks since I lost my virginity to him as well. The only reason we're not getting it on right now is because he's gone out of town to do radio interviews.

"I know you say that you fine but then again I see that look in your eyes that tell me otherwise. Baybeh if you ain't good you can tell me. I gotchu'." He said with a serious but thoughtful face.

"Did I tell you that you look so sexy when you serious baby?" I asked sticking my tongue out being goofy.

He just looked at me with a straight face.

"Stop playin' I'm tryna have an adult conversation witchu'," he stated.

I pouted. Here we go.

"I am an adult, August!"

"Not the way you be actin' some time." He said looking off into space and not at me.

"Aye Aug we here." Somebody said in the background.

"I don't know what your talking about. I'm an adult all the time. And just because I don't want to talk about what happened two weeks ago doesn't make that any different." I frowned.

"Aight. Whateva', we can talk about this tomorra'," he said.

I shook my head. "We need to discuss this face to face. Hit me up when you back in town." I said hanging up the call.

I knew me and August's age was going to get in the way. I'm 19 and he's 23. He thinks he's growner than me by 4 years. Even though I have my childish moments, I still get my business done. But him, he acts like a 23 year old boy.

He'll just have to learn that he is not the boss of me....

*****************************************

"Hey is boss lady in?" I asked one of my coworkers. She shook her head.

I was getting more and more worried about Mrs.Whatsherface. She hardly comes to work and when she does, she doesn't say anything to anyone. Losing Amber really took a toll on her. I can only imagine what Derrick is going through.

"So what are you gonna do when this place gets sold?" Suzy, my co-worker asked. I looked at her in confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"Oh you don't know? I would have thought Mrs. Whatsherface would have told you as close as you guys are." She said with an eye roll.

"Told me what?" I asked again.

"She's selling this place. For well over 100,000 dollars." She yawned, filing her nails.

I was at a lose for words. I could believe she was doing this. Missing a little work here and there was okay but to completely just sell it is outrageous. What was I going to do now with my time? How was I going to pay my bills? This all to much. Now I wish I was mad at August, I would be telling him all of this.

"How long until we're not working anymore?" I asked out of curiosity.

"2 months."

Two months to find me another job. I guess I'll have to get to work.

***************************************

-later that night-

"So what you gone do girl?" Gia asked over the phone.

Yes Gia. Me and her made up. Last week she came by for the rest of her things and she saw that I was sad so we talked and cried while eating rocky road ice cream. The bad part of it is tho me and Tazz aren't cool. He's still a little peed off with me.

"I guess I'll be homeless and jobless in the next 4 months." I sighed. I have a major head for three reason. I'm losing my job, this weird person brought up unwanted memories and my baby haven't even tried to contact me all day and I miss my Auggie Phoo.

Just as I was in mid thought my doorbell rung.

"Sorry Gia, I call you back later. Somebody's at the door."

"Ok girl call me back later."

"Ok bye" I said hanging up. When I got up to open the door the knocking came much faster.

"Hold on I'm coming." I yelled. The nerve of some people, rushing me to my door like they pay bills.

Opening the door I came face to face to the man I haven't seen in over 5 years. He even looked the same.

"Daddy!"

**************************************

Jason Richardson....... Annie's Paw....

Like.

Vote..

Comment...

Sorry it's so short💋