Chapter Twenty Four~ Conversation Getting Deep

~same day~

Annie Marie

I was sitting across the room from a dead man. Literally, he was supposed to be dead. Now he was here in my living room. He stared at me and I him with the most mesmerization. I didn't know what to say, but I did have questions.

Where was Jaylen? Why was he just now coming back? And where in the hell has he been.

"I can't even put into words how much I've missed you." He started off. "I have so much I want to explain to you Meilah (Me-La). I know you have many questions for me so we can start there if you'd like." He clasped his hands together.

"Um, well.... First question is how? How are you still alive." I asked curiosity laced through my voice.

"Well, first I just want to tell you that there's lots of things me and your mother didn't tell you. Like for one I worked for the CIA." He said sighing. "When the accident happened it was really intentional. Someone in my agency was setting me up for murder but was trying to kill me. I barely survived but Jaylen. He, he died on impact." His voiced cracked.

I frowned. Tears spilling from my eyes. How could this be. For years I thought my father was someone that he wasn't. And the only thing in my mind now was did mom know about this.

"Did mom know?" I asked. He was hesitant at first but eventually nodded. I stood from my chair quickly running to the bathroom.

I can't believe she knew that he was alive the entire time I thought while shacking my head in disbelief.

"She couldn't tell you, darling. We were doing what was best."

"What was best!" I yelled. Walking back into the living room staring into his sorrow-filled eyes. "What was best was to tell me the truth. Not lie about your death for over 5 years." I cried historically. He tried to hold me but I pulled away.

"I'm sorry." He said, tears cascading down his face.

"You been sending these letters to me? Scaring me! Making me think someone was after me!" I yelled. "Where were you when she was dying from that shit that was eating away at her, huh!?!" I screamed throwing my hands in the air. "Where were you when I cried every night wanting you two to come back to us." I cried falling to my knees. "How hard it must have been to see your daughter cry over her dead father and brother."

He tried to touch me but I pushed him.

"No! Get out! Get out now!" I yelled.

"I'm so sorry baby girl." He whispered as he walked out the door.

All I could do was cry. I ignored the ringing of my phone as I collected myself off the floor. I walked into my bedroom, late on my bed and cried myself to sleep.

**************************************

-The Next Morning-

August Alsina

I was finishing up with my last interview and I'd be on my way back home to my baybeh.

I tried calling her last night but she didn't answer so I didn't know what was wrong but I was going to find out in a couple hours when I landing back in Atlanta.

My phone stated to ring. It was my mom so I answered it.

"Helluh."

"Hey baybeh. What you doing?" She asked.

"None ma just got done with this interview. How feelin'," I asked while getting in the car with my team.

"Oh nothin', I was just telling the girls we might happen to find ourselves in Atlanta in a week."

"What you mean just happen to find yourselves hea'?" I said with a smirked on my face.

"They miss thea' uncle. And I might miss my knuckle headed son." I could tell she was smiling. I chuckled, shaking my head.

"You sumin' else ma'," I smiled. This woman was my all and it was bout time I seen her.

"What do you think about moving here permanently?" I asked.

"I don' know bout that yet but I'll think about it. Let me get off this hea' phone so I can cook for the chilleren." She called out. "I love you baybeh."

"I love you too mama."

We hung up. I sat back in my seat thinking about how great it would be to have my mom down here for good. She was my everything. Her and those nieces of mine. I smiled just thinking of them.

And I was sure they would love Annie because she was so good with making people love her. That's my baby.

***************************************

Another short lil chapter. Hope you guys liked it. I don't know where I'm going with this but hopefully it's going good.

Just going with the flow.

Like it?

Vote....

Comment....

Share....