Chapter Ten~The Funeral

~2 weeks, 3 days later~

"So lately, been wondering
Who will be there to take my place
When I'm gone, you'll need love
To light the shadows on your face

If a great wave shall fall
It'd fall upon us all
And between the sand and stone
Could you make it on your own?

[Chorus:]
If I could, then I would
I'll go wherever you will go
Way up high or down low
I'll go wherever you will go

And maybe, I'll find out
The way to make it back someday
To watch you, to guide you
Through the darkest of your days

If a great wave shall fall
It'd fall upon us all
Well I hope there's someone out there
Who can bring me back to you

[Chorus]

Run away with my heart
Run away with my hope
Run away with my love

I know now, just quite how
My life and love might still go on
In your heart, in your mind
I'll stay with you for all of time

[Chorus]

If I could turn back time
I'll go wherever you will go
If I could make you mine
I'll go wherever you will go

I'll go wherever you will go," a woman from my mothers church sang.

Two weeks was all she had. Two weeks to spend with my mother before she left this earth.

After that night I saw August at the hospital, I decided to just spend time with my mom and I'd talk to him when I had the chance. I missed him everyday but I'd miss my mom a lot more.

After the song finished I wiped my tears.

People from church that my mom was friends with came to me. Telling me if there was anything I needed to just call.

Old family members that I haven't seen in ages were there, but the only people I cared to see were standing right in front of me. Gia, Tazz, Sam, and August. I smiled at the fact that he came. I honestly wanted to cry. I found myself doing a lot of that.

"How are you?" Sam's sister Becky asked.

"I'm just trying to process it all," I replied. Sam walked over and wrapped his arms around me.

"It's going to be okay lil lady, you can take all the time you need off work okay." Sam said looking into my eyes. I saw so much hurt in his eyes. I knew he and my mom were friends but it was if he just lost the love of his life. I nodded, he and Becky both embraced me with another warm hug before walking over to the rest of the people to talk amongst their selves.

I turned my attention to my friends, the only family I had left. Not by blood but by love.

"How are you feeling?" Gia asked me while hugging me tightly. "I'm okay I guess." I said. I walked over to Tazz.

"It's gonna be alright yungin. Look at the bright side of this, she is not hurtin' anymore and she is with the most important people in her life other than you. And you have to live fo' them aight?" He asked me giving me a hug. I nodded. We talked for a while longer until they left. Everyone else was leaving as well and I didn't see August anymore. I walked over to my mothers grave and looked at the picture on the side of her tombstone. It was the last picture that we look together.

 It was the last picture that we look together

"Mom you will be truly missed. You were my backbone when I was spineless, you were my shoulder I cried on when I had no one else, and you my everything. I will never ever stop loving you. Give nookie and dad a kiss for me." I blew a kiss to her.

"That was sweet," I jumped abs turned around to be face to face with August.

"Oh I thought you left," I said. He had flowers in his hand.

"Not without saying goodbye to Mama C," he kneeled down and placed the flowers on her grave and gave the tombstone a kiss. "And not without seeyou," he gave me a smile.

"Well now you see me," I said shrugging. I didn't to sound so cold but that's how I was feeling. Hollow. Like some stole my heart and I'd never get it back.

"Hey I know your sad but you don't have to act like that with me. I care about you Annie. I'ain goin' no whea'."he pulled me into a warm hug. I felt tears fall. He lifted my chin. I looked into his eyes and he wiped my tears away. He leaned in and pecked my lips. It turned into a more passionate kiss, he sucked and pulled at my bottom lip and our tongues battled one another.

I pulled away from the kiss and giggled.

"What's funny," August asked with a light chuckle.

"Nothing it's just that you make feel so good when I'm with you," I blushed.

"Baby girl you do the same to me," he kissed me again. We walked away from the burial grounds after saying goodbye to my mom once more. 

I looked at August as he talked about whatever it was he was saying. I was just so happy that he was there with me. They say when one person leaves the watch another person comes into your life. An angel in disguise. Well that's what August was. My angel. I snuggled into his arm laying my head on his shoulder as we walked and he talked and I listened.

****************************

I miss Mama C.
Excuse the mistakes yall..
It's shirt I know but it's late and I'm tired so thanks for reading.
Comment..
Share...
Vote....
            -Alleyah😘