Chapter Seven~Old Friend New Flame

~Monday 6:54 p.m~

I sat crisscrossed in the middle of my bed books and papers all around me, with a laptop in my hand. Today was my first day of my online classes. I already have a paper due on how businesses develop today. To say this was stressful was an understatement and it was just the first day. But I don't give up easily.

I had just finished typing some notes and decided to take a break. I haven't been on my phone all day. So I got up and went to the living room to look for it. When I found it, I saw a lot of missed calls and text messages from August. I decided not to look at them.

There was a knock on the door. Contemplating with my self whether I should get it or not. I looked at my attire. It wasn't the best way to open up the door. I had on some floral shorts and skin tight black tank.

I tried pulling my shorts down before answering the door but it was t doing any justice

"Who is it," I asked. Not even bothering to stretch myself to look out of the peep hole. I knew I was to short to see anything unless I jumped.

"It's Aug gorgeous," he said sounding saddened. I had cooked of since the other night so I opened the door.

"Hey," I said opening the door wider for him to come in. He looked around first and the his gaze fell onto me and my sleep ware. Licking his lips he walked towards me embracing me with a hug. He smelled so good. And liked the part as well. He looked at me with a smirk and tore away from me.

I closed the door and we walked over to the couch. I sat down crisscrossed and threw my jacket over my legs and feet. August just stared at me for a moment and then looked down. I parted my lips to say something but he spoke first.

"I'm sorry. I just get a little carried away." He said.

"A little," I said furrowing my eyebrows.

"Okay, a lot. I know we just met and have went on all of one date, I still really like you." He looked me in the eyes. "And I want to continue to get to know you if you'd let me?" He said in more of a question, taking my hands in his rubbing his thumb against my knuckles.

I was so speechless. Never have I had a man to confess the way he feels for me. Never have I had someone get so defensive over me and tell me what they wanted. I loved every bit of what he was doing to me. I would be stupid to pass up an offer to get to know August more. Even though his schedule is indecisive, I still wanted to spend any day I could finding out as much as I could about him.

"Of course," I said smiling.

"And about the Awards, I'm really sorry about that. I decided to just go by myself and maybe when you come with your friend we can all meet up." He said with a genuine smile, letting me know that he was foreal. Wow I don't know what happened but I could get used to it.