8. Alone

Since it has been awhile since you went shopping, you and Angela went out. You did all kinds of fun stuff. But the highlight of it all was one conversation you two had that changed your perspective on 76. Angela handed you a pill bottle.

"What is this for?"

"It's contraception. For ya know, when you need it." she winked.

"Angela I cannot believe you'd say something like that! Why would I need this?!"

"Oh I've seen the way you and Soldier 76 look at eachother."

"Trust me when I say that him and I are only friends." you sighed.

"Why don't you just confess? You two are already really close."

"Angela, it will never be like that. He wouldn't return my feelings."

"Then tell me why he's so nice to you."

"I-"

"Or why he lets you cuddle with him?"

"Okay. Fine. I do love him, and something . . . happened." Angela got giddy with excitement.

"Spill. It. Now!!!" you told her the whole ordeal with him tickling you, you sitting on his lap, and the . . . little kiss.

"OMG! I can't believe it! I knew something happened! 76 has been acting super weird lately."

"Well, it didn't mean anything okay. His visor was on anyways."

"I still can't believe he didn't stop you."

..............................................

You woke up the next day as sore as ever. Moving anyone of your muscles hurt like hell. And you had no idea why. The only thing you did yesterday was go to the mall with Angela. But, you weren't really surprised with all the training you've been doing you were bound to be sore from it. You rolled out of bed to get some breakfast.

"Why do we have to eat so early!?!" you huffed.

After getting some comfy clothes on you trotted to the elevator. You were starving and were just dying to eat some toast. Then Lena stopped you as you walked into the café.

"Have a late night ay love?" she said looking at what you were wearing.

"I just want be comfy. All that hard training finally got to me I guess." you sighed. If there was one thing you hated, it was being sore. You walked into the kitchen looking for some bread to toast. When you opened the cupboard, you made a loud groaning noise. 'Man does this hurt' it was really hard to pull out the toaster and just plug it in.

"Uh just work stupid toaster! EERGGGGHHH!!" you shouted at the simple machine in front of you.

"Hittin' that thing won't make it work ye know." You turned around to see McCree.

"I know that obviously. I'm just sore and frustrated."

"I could help you if you wanted."

"It would be nice of you McCree. Sadly though I am more than capable of doing it."

" Are you positive you don't need any help?"

"I can do it myself. Besides, don't you wanna go hang out with your boyfriend Handsoap?"

"How do yo- nevermind. Let me know if you need help though little lady."

"Thank you McCree." You saw 76 look at you from across the kitchen. 'What's up with him'  you walked over to him. He looked down and sighed.

"Do you want any coffee?" he asked you groggily. His voice was raspy and thick.

"Sure. Can I get black coffee with one sugar and some creamer?"

"Anything else?"

"No. . . are you . . okay? You seem kind of sad."

"I'm fine. Just have . . . things on my mind."

"Okay I guess. If that's what you say, I'll believe you." you flashed him a small smile.

After breakfast you went back to your room feeling down in the dumps. You had no idea why, but today was just sad. It was raining and everyone just went to take a nap in their rooms. Which gave you the perfect chance to give 76 a little thing you and Hana got for him. It was a black t-shirt that said #1 dad on the back of it.

Today was gloomy and grey. You went to it down in the living room. You took a seat in front of a big window so you could see out. The rain was pouring hard against the window. 'Plink Plink Plink'  

"Why am I so alone?" you sighed and looked out the window. You started to cry. Then, right on cue, 76 was walking out of his room.

"You aren't alone. Not at all. You shouldn't think like that." he turned his and looked at you.

"Why won't you look at me?"

"I don't want anyone to see me like this. It's embarrassing." you sniffled.

"Come over here."

"I'm not getting up. You can come to me..." so he took your advice and walked over to you. Then he picked you up bridal style and walked to the couch.

"What are you doing?" you rubbed your puffy red eyes.

"Comforting a friend of mine. It's what should be done."

"Why do you care about me so much?"

"It's ...very hard to explain."

"I understand." you looked up at his visor. 'What is he hiding from everyone' after a moment of silence and turning on the tv, you ended the quiet.

"You know what, I don't understand after all."

"Um, actions speak louder than words I guess." actions do speak louder than words, and did he show you. He gave you a hug and snuggled up on you, putting his head in the crook of your neck. 

"You know I love you, right?"

"I know you do." he said in a snarky tone.

"What would you do if you lost me?" you pulled him closer and gripped on to his jacket.

"I don't know honestly. It definitely would change things around here."

"I'm glad that you all care about me."

"Why wouldn't we?"

"We all feel sad sometimes, and things get to me pretty easy."

"Well you know that I'm here. I'm a-always here." 'Did he stutter?'  he hugged you even tighter.  You started sobbing and looked at him.

"Why do you cry like this?"

"I j-just don't k-know."

"You don't have to cry so much."

"It's hard not to when your so happy."

"I love you too." you stared at him with a glaze on your eyes. You reached up and touched his mask. "Why? Why do you hide your face from me?"

"Something's aren't meant for you too see." then you did it. The indirect kiss happened. You kissed his mask where his mouth would be and blushed.

"I love you more than you will know 76. And I know that this is not right, and I'm sorry if your uncomfortable now..."

"I-it's okay. Don't worry about it (Y/N). You shouldn't act so scared or ... like I'm uncomfortable or anything like that. I do you love you too. And I also know that it isn't right."