14. Crazy Night

You guys were about to leave when you realized that you forgot something you needed.

"I forgot something guys. I'll be right back."

"Okay love. Just hurry back."

You dashed up to your room and grabbed the promise ring. It was something Gabe gave you when you were just kids. You couldn't wait to leave, so you swiftly locked your door and left. Walking towards the elevator, someone shouted to you.

"Wait!" 76 said before you stepped near the elevator.

"What do you want Soldier 76?" you were kind of mad still and were trying to act stern.

"I have something for you."

"Well, get on with it already. We're about to leave."

"Here, turn around."

"Fine." He took the something and put it around your neck. He removed his hands and you looked at was around your neck. It was a teardrop shaped Lapis Lazuli stone, which convienently matched your out fit.

"It's ..... beautiful."

"I'm glad you like it. I hope you have some fun. "

"Alright, I will." then he turned and grabbed your wrist.

"I need to tell you something else," he said real fast."don't go get in any trouble alright. I don't want anything bad to happen tonight. You've been in the med bay enough lately."

"Thanks for caring. All though I am sure that I'll be fine."

"I love you." he whispered. His hand slid down to yours and he was holding it. Like really hard. He must really be worried. You headed down stairs and said:

"I love you too."

--------------------------------

"Alright loves! We are at the club!" Lena was already somewhat intoxicated and was acting sleezy. Everyone filed out of the car and headed in the club. Music was blaring and lights were flashing everywhere. You went to the bar counter and sat on the tall stool.

After a bit a male probably in his early twenties approached you, and he was super drunk. You wanted to leave as soon as he walked up, but you were glued on your stool.

"Heyyy there girl. I think *burp* you look pretty lonely." his words were long and drawled out.

"Please just leave me alone."

"Come on. Don't be leke that." he was staring you up and down.

"I'm like 40. I'm to old for a dumbass drunk like you."

"Let's go. You and me. Leke right now. Age is just a number." he grabbed you and were suddenly dragged through a crowd of 21 year olds.

"Let go of me now. Or else." you growled at him. He just wouldn't take the hint.

"I'm not scared of you." he said sloppily.

"You should be." you pulled him by the wrist and twisted. He was obviously in pain but gawked at your strength.

"Okay I got the hint man!" he was freaked out and all you said was..

"Leave. Now." For the rest of the night you were avoiding all the men. You were really tired when it reached 11:30 and wanted to leave.

You called an uber and had them drop you off at dirt road near the base. The walk was short, yet you were paranoid. Anything could be waiting in the dark to pounce. Relieve washed over you when entering the brightly lit base.

Trudging through the base you made the observation that most were sleeping. You creeped into your room and changed. You kept your ring and necklace on. Then lots of knocks.

"It's open."

"I wanted to say goodnight." it was 76. You were glad that he would be nice enough to do things like this.

"Okay w-well good night." you sniffled. He tilted his head in confusion. Then he walked in and sat next to you.

"What's wrong." he stated.

"You were right. I didn't have fun at all. I just snapped and left. I almost broke some drunk guys wrist!" you huffed and sobbed into a pillow.

"Hey, know don't be upset about it. It was only instinct." he rubbed up and down your back. After a few minutes he got up.

"Please don't leave yet."

You didn't know if it was your sad face, or something else. But he came and cuddled with you in bed. It was a nice change. He had you tight in his grip and you nuzzled his neck. It was soothing to have him console you. The both of you passed out and were all cozy under your different assortment of blankets and comforters. That night was great. You felt safe for once. With everything going on, he was your protection. And that was all you wanted right then.

"You always steal what I love, Jack."