18. Time Off

You woke up in Jack's hold. He had you pulled close to him all night. Without waking the man, you got up and left his room. Back in the comfort of your room, you sighed. If someone saw you, you wouldn't live it down. Which you didn't want to live with.

It was early, around 6:30. Your room was super overheated, the ac was off. Summer just started, but it was already almost 100 degrees. You walked to your closet, pulling out a tank top and shorts. Then, since it was early, you did a little straightening up in your mess of a room.

After straightening up you went downstairs. When you got close to the café, loud noise filled your ears. They got back early from the mission, and were basically throwing a morning party.

All commotion stopped when you opened the door. It was dead quiet. Suddenly loud booms of laughter were heard and everything was back to normal. You sat down in your usual spot next to Hana and Angela.

"Why are you guys back so early? You were only gone for 2 days."

"Well love surprisingly the problem wasn't as bad as we thought, so we were able to finish the job quick." The bright Brit blinked over to you.

"I'm just surprised. Most of the time you newbies take a week!"

"Oh please, spare me the lecture mom. You are just upset that we can finish a job faster than you!" Hana said pointing a finger in your face.

"Hana! You know it's rude to disrespect elders!" Lena said then blinked away again. She needs to stop doing that...

"Whatever you guys. Now that you're back we can get back to work. Since you guys are just so amazing, we can up all of your training a level." you said smirking at the girls.

"Who is this 'we' you are talking about? Hm? You and who?" Hana said using finger quotes.

"U-um force of habit... I guess?"

"You don't convince me! Spill the beans! Like right now!" Hana was practically screaming at you.

"I'll talk to you later okay Hana! But first we have a team meeting to go to."

"Fine. But I want the truth. And the whole truth. Nothing but the truth."

"Jeez Hana I get it. I'll tell you later for the last time!"

She left you alone after that. Which you were glad for because she was getting on your last nerve. You left the café and headed to the meeting room. Which was sweltering hot. Upon entering you saw 76 at the other end of the room.

"How do you wear all of that in this heat?!"

"I was part of the soldier enhancement program. So I'm like immune to this kind of thing."

"Well you should turn the air on! We aren't all like you! I'm super hot Jack!" You groaned sitting down next to him.

"I know you're hot." *cue eyebrow wiggle*

"Whatever. Let's just get this team meeting over with.

Right then everybody piled in the tiny overheated room. This is going to take a while... The team was chattering and yelling (well mostly Reinhardt)until Soldier 76 cleared his voice. You could hear a pin drop with how quiet it got.

"I have great news team..."

"Tell us already!" all of you shouted in unison. You sat on the edge of your seats practically about to explode. 'I wonder what it'll be' people would whisper, or things like 'I hope we are going on a trip'

"With your great performance on the previous mission, I have decided to reward you. But, don't think you'll be rewarded every time. This is a one time thing. We.Are. Going. On. A VACATION!"

You sat in amazement as multiple thoughts flew through your mind. Him? A vacation? That's just unusual, he's never this laid back. Something must be up, and you then became determined to figure it out.

Everybody piled out of the room faster than the speed of light. They were all very excited to get ready for this 'vacation' of sorts. It was only you and Jack in the conference room now. Which was perfect.

"Aren't you going to go pack?"

"Nope. I've got other things to do tonight." in your head you realized he might take that the wrong way.

"Well, as me being the planner, I need to be packed and ready."

"Well, as me being me, I need to go out for a new swim suit."

"Can I come with? I don't have any swim trunks."

"Sure. Meet me at the car in 5."

Inside you were bubbling with excitement. You were able to hide it, but still. Why did he ask to come with you? He has his own car. Oh well. Might as well not overthink it, because that would ruin it. You sprinted to your room to grab your keys and purse. This trip is going to be interesting.  He was already in the garage waiting when you walked in. As per usual, the both of you got in the car and went to the mall.

The car ride was always silent. You guys always saved conversation for when you were shopping. Except for the occasional hum when certain songs came on. For once the mall was actually packed. But it wouldn't be a problem, because you two weren't in much of a rush. You walked into the store and beach scents hit you. It was amazing.

After scavenging the shelves for what felt like forever, you found a swim suit. It was cute and your size. It was (f/c), which was a plus. (I'm not gonna describe what it looks like, just use the picture at the top for a reference)

"76! Look at what I found! What do you think?"

"Why don't you try it on?"

"Why that is a fantastical idea my friend!" you walked to the changing room. You were over excited about seeing how this swim suit looked on you. This swim suit made a statement, and you loved it. You opened the door to see him waiting. 

"How do I look?" you asked doing a little twirl. 

"I-I am at a loss for words." you could basically see him blushing through his mask.

"Great! That's just what I was going for!" you did a little twirl. You sped back to the changing room. It was amazing how beautiful it looked. 

"Alright Jack, now lets find you a swim suit!" he just grunted. You knew he hated to go shopping, but dealt with it. 

It took you a while to get him to at least look for something to wear. He was the one who asked you to help him, so he should try to make an effort. Ugh. Men. 

"You could at least help me look, Jack."

"I'd rather not. Your better at shopping than I am."

"Fine I guess. But don't complain about what I get you later."

He gave you a nod. A few minutes later you grabbed a pair of bermuda shorts and a white shirt. Jack was really making this harder than it had to be, which made you a little upset. You payed for what you had bought and dragged him out to the car. He was being lazy. The car ride home was just as quiet as before. But like before, it didn't bother you. It was around 8 when you finally got home. You were out longer than you thought.

You handed him his bag and walked to your room. Quickly you changed and went to bed. Tomorrow you had to be up early to pack, and then immediately had to leave. It was going to be a hectic morning.