26. Search

"Where is she?!" you yelled.

The spot where Aria was once lying on your bed was empty. You frantically hopped over the pieces of shattered coffee mug searching your room. Genji also began to search the room. She wasn't hiding anywhere, wasn't using the bathroom, she wasn't anywhere in that room.

Before looking anywhere else, you cleaned up the pieces of glass on the ground in your doorway. Genji got some word around and soon almost everyone was searching around the whole facility.

After some time you gave up and sat down. Where could she be? It's not like she could've just up and left. Someone would've seen her. It made no sense on how she just disappeared. You went to the medical bay to get an update from Angela.

"Find anything new?"

"I am afraid not. I've been checking the camera footage from your room, but I don't see anything."

"What do you mean don't see anything?" you sit down next to the swiss woman.

"Watch. I play the footage, then you see Aria sleeping. But then, poof! She's gone in a split second."

"This is fine, I'm fine. We'll just keep looking for any clues." you sighed. This was going to be a very looooong day.

----

After a few hours nothing turned up. Everyone came to you empty handed, and it only made you more stressed and worried. Today you decided to stay behind on the mission, you were in no mental state to shoot anyone.

It was about 8:00 pm when your colleagues returned from the mission. Most of them said goodnight then hit the hay. After today, you thought that it would be best for you to get some rest too.

Before calling it a night you grabbed a late night snack from the kitchen. Because why not? Or maybe it was the fact that you were sad and like they say, chocolate is a girl's best friend. Quietly you walked through the dimly lit hallways back to your room. Silently, again, you changed into pajamas and laid down.

ALMOST, you ALMOST, went into the endless void of sleep. But there was a knock on your bedroom door. Begrudgingly, you got up and opened the door. It revealed a waiting Jack. (some 76 action for PhoebePheonixine) He came in sat down on your bed, then patted a spot next to him. You accepted the invitation and took a spot next to him.

"What's up?" you asked. He gave you a look.

"I should be asking you that question. Wanna talk about it?" you huffed.

"What is there to talk about? Pretty much everyone knows that Aria is missing."

"Well how do you feel?"you chuckled.

"Since when do you talk about feelings?"

"I'm trying it out. Now, let's talk."

"I'm just upset. Aria actually slept last night and got over this nightmare that she was having. Everything was going great again, but now she's gone. I feel so empty now. I don't know what to do with myself. Most days I would take care of her, or she would hang out with the others when I had a mission. Jack I just- I just don't know how I let this happen. If I woke her up this morning this wouldn't have happened. It's all my fault."

"Calm down. None of this is your fault okay? Don't blame yourself for nothing you had control over. We'll find her, no matter what it takes."

"Thank you Jack." you pulled him in for a hug.

"I'm going to go to bed. Wanna sleep in my room?"

"It wouldn't hurt I suppose."

The both of you quickly made it to his room. Well, they are right next to each other, so it really isn't a surprise. In no time at all you and Jack were laying down in his bed.