Chapter 3

A month passed and the turtles were starting to stand on their own, but still having a bit trouble. They all could stand, but the record held is 30 seconds. And of course that record is held by the famous Michelangelo!

The brothers all got along, but still having their brawls. It tended to be between Michelangelo and Raphael the most. But their brawls were for fun or when Michelangelo would do something to his brother and Raphael would get mad.

Splinter also noticed that Donatello and Leonardo were the two that were calm. Yes Donatello was a handful, but only when he was curious and adventurous. Leonardo was calm and collective, not a lot of interaction with his brothers.

Splinter was also trying working on their speech, trying to teach them all how to say each others names. Besides Raphael and him yelling Mikey.

Splinter was even shortening their names.
Leonardo, Leo.
Raphael, Raph.
Donatello, Donnie.
Michelangelo, Mikey.

At the moment, Splinter was trying to teach Donnie, Raph and Mikey how to say Leo. But they all have been pronouncing his name as Weo.

Leonardo laughed joyfully every time his brothers would say his name.

Something Splinter found adorable, was when Leo would laugh his brothers would look at him and listen to his laugh. Waiting a couple of seconds and then laugh themselves. They'd all laugh so hard that they'd all roll back on their shells, laughing. They'd all stop for a moment, look at each other and then start laughing again.

Splinter couldn't help himself but laugh along with them.

When night fell, the turtles were all bathed and put to bed. Splinter would do them one at a time.

First Mikey because he loved taking baths and was one to usually make a mess, and was the hardest to put to bed, from being very energetic all day.

Then Raphael, Splinter struggled to bath Raph because he didn't like baths. But the good thing about put Raph to bed, was that he fell asleep faster than Mikey.

Next was Donnie, Splinter didn't have to struggle with him talking his a bath, and was very quick at falling asleep.

Finally Leonardo. Leo was just like Donnie when it came to takin a bath but was very different from his brothers when being put to bed. When Leo was bathed and ready to put to bed, Splinter would rap his small boy in a blanket and rock him to sleep, all the while the two looked deep into the eyes of the other. Splinter would stare down at his sons sapphire blue eyes and Leo would stare up at his fathers brown eyes. Eventually, Leo would fall asleep and Splinter tended to hold him a bit longer.

Splinter knew there was a stronger connection between him and Leonardo that he didn't have with his other sons. And he did feel a little bad about it. It's as if having a favorite.

He eventually placed Leo down beside his other brothers, giving his a kiss on the head and then walking out of the room to his room for the night.

In the morning, Splinter woke up finding two of his sons fighting, Raph and Mikey. He sighed to himself but laughed inside seeing his two other sons cuddled against one another still asleep. How they could sleep with their brothers fighting right beside them, he didn't know.

So he grabbed his two brawling sons, leaving Donnie and Leo, letting the two sleep.

Splinter ended up feeding them and then putting them in front of the tv he had brought from his apartment.

An hour later, Splinter went and woke his two other sons. As he was walking out of the room though, Raph and Mikey started fighting. Splinter sighed, laughing a bit.

Before Splinter made it to his sons room, he heard crying. He wondered if it was earthed Mikey or Raph, but when he turned back to the living room, the wails ceased. So when he turned back and walked to the boys room, the wails grew louder and louder the closer he got.

It was Donatello.

He quickly rushed into the room. He entered seeing Donatello sitting up beside his brother crying. He rushed over and picked Donatello up looking down at Leo.

His face paled.

His son was pale, his eyes were closed and he wasn't breathing.

Splinter quickly set Donatello on the ground, turning towards Leo and starting to do CPR.

It when on for 5 minutes before Leo let out a shallow breath. He continued to breath, but his breaths were shallow.

Splinters heart was beating fast. He was afraid he could have almost lost his son.

He picked up both Donnie and Leo, walking out into the living room, where Mikey and Raph both sat silently. Thy looked over at Splinter as he entered the room with Donnie and Leo.

Both Mikey and Raph saw the tear dreams running down Donnie's face. Raph and Mikey then looked to Splinter then to Leo, seeing their brother pale, seeing the shallow breaths he took. The twos eyes started to gather tears.

Splinter walked over to where Mikey and Raph sat. He set Donatello down on the ground beside them. He grabbed the blanket from off the couch that wrapped are their bit that they called a living room. He wrapped Leonardo up in the blanket, and sat down in the middle of his other sons, cradling Leo within his arms. Donnie, Raph and Mikey all sat in Splinters lap, looking between their father and Leo.