Chapter 22

I'm so sorry that it's been forever since I've updated. I've had major writers block for the longest time but I'm VERY thankful that you've kept with me through this long journey!!! I can't thank you all enough!!! I hope you've enjoyed this story as much as I've had writing it!!! ❤️💙🧡💜

Only one more chapter after this!!! Enjoy!!!

Another month has passed and Leo still hasn't risen from the dead, as Mikey would so kindly put it.

The guys and April still continue patrolling but don't involve themselves in Foot crime.

"I can't just sit here and wait for Leo to wake up. The Foot are out there doing their own thing. I can't let them continue what they're doing." Raph mumbles to himself as he laid in his hammock. He sighed to himself before getting up and walking out of his room.

He looked around the lair...

It's been silent ever since Leo's return.

Mikey hasn't been yelling at the tv screen while he played his video games. Donnie's been cooped up in his lab, keeping vigilant watch over Leo. Master Splinter is filled with guilt and only comes out of his room to check on his sons, eat and of course to follow nature's calls of release. April and Casey, the turtles human allies and friends, come by the lair every day after school, making sure everyone is okay and seeing if Leo's awake.

Raph sighed sadly as he made his way to the lab to check on his brother.

When Raph walked into Donnie's lab, he was glad to see that Donnie had fallen asleep. He picked up a spare blanket from off the couch and returned to his brothers lab and wrapped it around Donnie's sleeping form. Raph then turned to look at Leo, who lied still on the bed.

Donnie had told everyone that Leo physically was healing perfectly well, practically healed. Sensei said that Leo's mental state was broken and would take time to repair.

Raph grabbed his brothers hand, "I need ya back bro. Ever since you were taken...nothings been the same and ever sense ya returned...there's no sense of normalcy anywhere." Raph sighed, letting go of his brothers hand and taking a quick glance over at Donnie, "if ya ain't gonna wake up anytime soon for anything...then your gonna have to if ya want a chance at revenge." Raph said turning back to his comatose brother, "I'm going after the Shredder." He leaned down and gave Leo a hug and kiss on the head, "love ya bro. Hope ya'll wake up soon to help." With that said, Raph left the lab to make up a plan to take down the Shredder.

What Raphael hadn't realized was that Donnie had actually heard Raph's whole speech.

Donnie quickly flung the blanket wrapped around him, off himself and quickly stood up. He walked towards the exit of his lab, grabbed a hold of the slightly closed door, before turning back to Leo.

Donnie sighed, walked completely out of the lab, and made his way towards Raphaels room. He just hoped his hot-headed brother was in his room and had not already left on his suicidal mission.

When he neared the second oldest bedroom, he was very glad to know that his brother was still in the lair.

Donnie gently tapped on Raph's door.

"Wha-"

Donnie decided to barge right in, "I don't want you doing this alone Raph."

Raph looked surprised to see Donnie up, especially because he had just seen him passed out from no sleep for 2 days straight, "what are you talking about?"

Donnie sighed with exasperation, "I heard your whole suicidal speech Raph, I may be a heavy sleeper but not when it comes to people acting and saying stupid things in my lab."