Chapter 7: Game on

Chapter 7: Game on

"I'm not Carol's lady-in-waiting." I said, more nervous than before. I tried my best to calm down and hope that everything is going to be alright.

Ethan tell anybody, would he?

I don't think so. Ethan here was standing with an evil grin plastered on his face. He clicked the roof of his mouth with his tongue and shook his head. He then clapped his .

"I can't wait to tell the whole school," he said and once again.

I was left standing in the dim light, jaws hanging from shock. He around and started walking away. There's no way I'm stopping him. I was clearly nailed where I stand, completely wordless. Suddenly, he halted and around once again to face me. Grin evident on his features.

"Unless, you wanted some bargain." He said and waited for my reply.

That's it! Now that's a big deal. He clearly wanted something in return so that the secret would not be spread. I didn't know this guy to be clever.

I cleared my throat. I slowly walked towards him and replied, "Yes, I'm Carol's lady-in-waiting and she clearly don't want anybody, even know that she one. Now, let me clear this to you. Promise me you won't tell anybody and I swear, I'll do whatever you want."

"Whatever I want?" He repeated, satisfaction was evident in his tone.

"Yes. I'll do whatever you want," I answered and I even made a sign of a cross on my chest as a representation of my promise.

"Alright. It's a deal then," he said and ed. He lent me his hand to shake and I sigh, shaking his hand in return.

"Game on," he said and winked at me.

.

.

"You what?!" Eve as I tell her the whole story. Turns out this 'Adams finest dress shop' is owned by Eve. I made a reminder to slap my forehead for being such an idiot. I clearly forgot that Eve's last name is Adams. I just thought this shop is owned by a guy who's name is Adam.

We were currently talking the whole thing while waiting for our professor to dismiss us. Professor Cruz was still busy checking some records and still waiting for the bell to ring.

"Look, he he won't tell. No big deal," I replied and Amy totally let out an exasperated laugh.

"You clearly don't know Ethan. That guy," she pointed to Ethan who is flirting with some girls at the back row, "is a jerk. He might spread the news any moment now."

"Well, let's just pray he won't because I'll be doomed." I said and let out a breath. This is totally out of control.

"Yeah, way to go girl." Eve snorted and I kept on glancing at Ethan, watching and learning from what he says to every person he talks to. I'm a creep, yes. But heck, once the secret slip out, Carol will totally kill me.

I turned around to see Amy and Eve took a nap. I glanced at the clock. Ten more minutes and this day would be over. Carol would be arriving soon this evening and I needed to prepare everything for her.

"Hey," I turned around to see Alex seated beside me, smiling. I smiled back to him. One minute, he was beside Ethan helping to flirt some chics at the back. Now, he was seated beside me smiling like an idiot.

"What's up with you two?" He asked and pointed a finger between me and Ethan.

"Nothing," I shrugged and nudged my shoulders as if nothing happened between us. I do hope Alex didn't know anything between me and his buddy.