Chapter 33: Back

Chapter 33: Back

Emma's POV

Carol stared at me like she'd seen a ghost. Her pale complexion and wide eyes made me smile even more. I knew that she was wondering how am I still alive. Jack and I exchanged glances. He smirked and raised his right brow.

"Shall we tease them?" He asked.

"Hush Jack, stick to the plan." I replied.

"It would be more funny if we approached them. You know, they're in a bizzare state right now." He laughed.

I rolled my eyes, but Jack stood up and started walking in their direction. I gasped and cursed. Jack's definitely not sticking to the plan. Peter will totally kill us.

"Jack, what are you doing?" I grabbed his arm and whispered to him.

"Peter said to act normal. Isn't this normal?" He replied.

"Well yeah," I snorted. "Act normal AND stick to the plan."

"You know how much I love a dramatic entrance," he said. "Look at Carol's face."

"Hey," Jack said and I realized we had walked over to where they were standing. I looked at my friends' frozen figures. None of them uttered a single word. Alex looked so pale. Meanwhile, Carol almost looked like she was about to pass out.

Suddenly, Eve reached out and hugged me as tight as she could. My ribs felt like they were going to crack any moment.

"You idiot! You're alive, you really are alive!" She cried and hugged me even tighter. She caressed my hair and I couldn't help but smile and hugged her back.

"Hello Eve," I replied.

She wiped her tears away and then, she looked at Jack. She punched him hard on the arm, which surprised us.

"Ow, what is that for?" He rubbed his arm and then, Eve wrapped her arms around Jack and hugged him tightly too.

Jack stood frozen and I hid my snickered. Amy whispered while hugging me, "Now that's awkward."

Eve must have come back to her senses because she pushed Jack away.

"It's good to have both of you back. You look good for being dead!" Alex exclaimed and Ethan shot death glares at him.

Ethan.

Suddenly, my heart beat paced and I couldn't remember if ever I was still breathing. Our gazes locked and for a moment, it was just us.

"Hi," I said. He didn't utter a single word or say hello, instead he grabbed me and hugged me tight.

I felt relieved by his presence. The bad memories, the trauma, everything was gone the second his arms wrapped around me.

"Oooookay," Alex interrupted. Ethan and I let go of each other in a blink of an eye. They were all giving us weird glances, even the cafeteria lady stopped serving food.

I almost forgot. Ethan is engaged to Carol.

"Why don't we have some lunch?" Amy asked.

"Good idea," Alex instantly replied and moved to the nearest empty table.

As I slowly went to the table, someone tugged me by the arm and I turned around to see Carol standing behind me.

"Emma," she gasped. "It's good to have you here."

I stared at her and it didn't matter to me if I didn't reply. What she had done to Jack and me deserves justice. I gave her a small nod and started walking once again, but she grabbed me by the shoulder and muttered.