Chapter 5: Sit still look pretty

Chapter 5: Sit still, look pretty

"Is this some kind of a joke?" I whispered as I tagged along with the two girls I'd just met. The blonde one sat beside me while the tan girl was in front of me. The tan girl smirked and apparently, she was seeing the whole scenario.

"You get used to it," she said.

I scanned the whole room. Yep, still the old, traditional high-school drama although scratch the fact that this place is extremely spacious and elegant. That adds the percentage of recognizing Excelsis High as one of the amazing school in the world.

"Let me guess, bad boys everywhere, huh?" I asked to the blonde girl sitting beside me.

"Yes, there are. Sharing and proving how rich they are. By the way, I'm Amy Gray," she lends out her hand to shake. "And you must be?" She continued, asking with her brow raised up.

"Oh, Emma. Emma Bell," I smiled and accepted the offer.

The tan girl looked back at us and introduce herself as well. "Evelyn Adams but I prefer being called Eve. So yeah, I'm Eve."

I smiled to her as well. Her dark, feline eyes and cheeks are revealing her beauty. Her dark skin comes along perfectly well with her curls that on her waist. Sums up on how awesome she was back there, beating the guy endlessly with no mercy.

"So, what's with the guy earlier?" I asked Amy as she occupies her time chewing gum.

Amy seemed to get a little bit scared on the way her eyes widened and how she shivered when I asked her what happened. But she was brave enough to tell me whom she just met earlier. "I-uh- it...he wanted me to put some drug paraphernalia i someone's bag."

I nearly choked out. Even Eve suddenly turned her head on our direction and stuck the gum on her desk.

"Drugs? How... I mean, what the heck? Seriously, why?" I asked a little bit exaggerating but hey, this is Excelsis High. It could ruin the image of the school if they found out there's a drug dealing in here.

"The guy wanted Ethan's reputation to be destroyed," she said quietly.

it pops up. Ethan, Ethan Morgan. The guy who's been to Carol for who knows what? Because of money, that could be one of the reason.

Eve snorted, "Rich guys envy Ethan. They also wanted to be Carol as well. That thing isn't called love, it is called business."

We all nodded. Yeah, like everybody knows why Ethan is to Carol. Ethan to the city's richest family and Amelia to double her money

"Anyways, where do you live? I didn't notice you in this circle," Eve asked, facing me with a look.

"I--uh, I came from the Squatters. I got a a lady-in-waiting," I replied. I'm worried saying that though, probably because I might out that I'm Carol's lady-in-waiting, not a poor girl from the Squatters.

"Lady-in-waiting? who, exactly," Amy ed, more curious than Eve.

"Err, uhm. I'm prohibited of telling who's my master. So, sorry. Can't spill out her identity," I chuckled nervously, trying to shrug off their questions. Carol will kill me if she knows about this.

"Oh come on. That's okay, we won't tell anybody. That's a promise," Amy said and her hands up in the air and Eve making a cross sign in her chest, as sign of a promise.

I sighed and hesitated at first, thinking they might spill out. But then, I stared at their eyes and they seem innocent and keeps their promise so I nodded and replied silently, "The one and only Carol Griffin."