Chapter 16: Jack

Chapter 16: Jack

"Haven't you heard? The ball last night was attack by a group of rebels."

"It's an ambush."

"Are there really rebels out there?"

"The City of Excelsis is in deep trouble."

Murmurs about what happened last Friday night spread like a wildfire. The Excelsis High is on fire about the news. Everybody's talking about it. Me, on the other hand, tried to seal my mouth shut and focus on the lost Coronet. Damn it! I couldn't even see the thief clearly that night and I'm not sure if his name is really Jack.

I haven't inform my friends yet and I'm not planning to. I need to find my own way to get the Coronet back. I need to do something about it before Carol or Amelia knows it's missing for days.

"I'm thinking there are really rebellions here in Excelsis City," Eve said between her bites. We're in recess today and I don't have the appetite in eating my pasta.

"It's just a theory, Eve," Amy cut in. Sure thing, no one could really tell if there are rebels in the city or just a group of people who wants to ruin the Excelsis ball.

"Theory? Seriously, who wouldn't want to rebel against Amelia? She's a fucked up bitch and she don't deserve to rule the entire kingdom," Eve blurted out and Amy shot her the look 'You're voice is too loud, girl.' Some eyes were on us. Heck, Eve's voice is really loud. She straightened her self and sits down slowly before talking again.

"Look, my point is, Amelia doesn't deserve to rule us all nor Carol. If no one wants to make a move about it, then we'll do it. We need to do something before Carol sits to the throne," Eve whispers and Amy nodded in agreement. She sure does have the point.

"And how will you do it?" Amy ask, challenging her.

"We'll use the coronet and the medallia against her. Besides, we have Emma." Eve says proudly, elbowing me in the arm.

"What about me?" I ask, folding my arms.

"What about you, missy? It's all about you. You're the lost princess and because of that, Carol will be automatically out of the throne," Amy explains and Eve smirks in approval.

"It's another damn theory of you two and I'm out of it. I don't want to get imprisoned or worse, get banished." I said and both of them rolled their eyes.

"Come on, Emma. It's right that obvious that you're Princess Avery," Eve says and I shook my head. I don't to get in more trouble. For now, the lost Coronet is my problem.

"Guys," Ethan suddenly called and place his tray in our table. There's something wrong with the expression he's wearing today. Alex followed him from behind and sits beside Amy, getting a bite from her snack.

"What is it, Ethan?" Eve ask.

"I got some really bad news," Ethan said and I caught my breath. I have a huge feeling he already knows about the lost crown.

"Spit it out," Eve replied.

"The Coronet is lost," Ethan said and I stop breathing for a moment. I knew he already knows! Everybody stared at each other wide eyed except for Alex who ruled his eyes and continued eating Amy's food.

"Look, it's just a crown and besides, maybe it's just put somewhere else. Just keep calm. Everything's fine," Alex said.

"Maybe the thieves stole the crown. What if, when they're ambushing us inside, they're taking it as an opportunity to go inside the gallery room and found the coronet in there and stole the crown!" Amy whispered. Tension is clearly audible the way she spoke.

"That can be but how can they know about the crown? Everybody knows the crown and the medallion is long lost gone except for us," Ethan said. He clearly has the point.

"It can be an inside job," Alex said, taking a look at me. I bite my bottom lip. Alex might impose I'm responsible for the lost which is really I am but I'm not the one who stole it and I don't have any intention to do it either.

"What do you mean?" Eve ask, raising a brow.

"It can be that someone inside the palace knows about the hidden coronet and maybe, organize a plan to steal it. He or she can be associated with the attack last Friday night," Alex said and finishes the food of Amy.

"Well, detective. You sure does have the point," Eve says in amusement. Alex smirks at her and wink.

I'm silent the whole interrogation. Everybody is heated up about the lost coronet and plans out on what will be the ways to get it back and find some clues on how it is lost.

On the night of the ball, I had worn it out of course, they all saw it but they think it's the one Chloe made for me so I'm somehow off the bait.  All I need to do is find Jack.

"Are you alright?" Ethan ask me and I'm resurfaced again from the sea of thoughts.

"I'm fine," I replied and smiled at him. Ethan brows fused and that's when I realize we're the only ones left in the cafeteria. The bell has finally rang and I'm surely late for my next class.

"You seemed....disturbed," Ethan said. He's maybe thinking I'm acting a little bit weird lately? I hope he didn't notice.

He accompanies me to my next class. Hold on, we both have the same class. What the actual fudge! I'm surely spacing out.

"Are you traumatized on what happened last Friday night?" Ethan ask, searching for my eyes.

"Nope. I'm fine. I wasn't inside the palace when it happened, remember? You left me in the garden," I said and crossed my arms. Ethan slowly nodded his head. What he said he'll come back for a moment? Well, he didn't because right after that, the attack started.

"Well, it's a good thing I brought you in the garden. You can thank me later,"Ethan chuckled and winks at me.

The class started to become silent. I thought the professor was out but boy, I was wrong. Someone went inside and everybody knows him. He has this bad boy aura. All eyes are on him except for Ethan who clear,y rolls his eyes, he doesn't even dare to look up.

Just then, I realize who he is. My breath hitch and something caught up in my throat. I don't even know he's just a damn student like me!

It's Jack and he's staring the hell out of me, smiling vaguely as if I'm a celebrity.

He slowly walks in front of me and sits in the vacant chair beside me. Damn it! I'm heaving and sweating so bad. I should be happy because I already caught the thief. All I need to do is to interrogate him and ask where the hell is the crown right now.

He leans in and whispered in my ear, "Hello there, Emma. It's good to see you again."

I close my eyes. I'm in huge damn trouble.

.
.
.
Hey there! It's been so long. Summer's already up and I might be active again here in wattpad! Anyways, sorry for the late update. Vote, comment and share! Love you all.