Chapter 17: Chase

Chapter 17: Chase

"Get away from him."

"Why wouldn't you transfer?"

"Stop staring at him."

        I let a huge exasperating breath, closed my eyes and stop writing down notes. Ethan's being frantic for the whole fifteen minutes ever since Jack sits beside me. He's been whispering to me all the time and I can't already hear what the professor's been lecturing.

"Come on, Emma. What are you waiting for? Get away from him now," Ethan whispered again, elbowing me in the arms.

I rolled my eyes and whispered back, "For the last time, Ethan. He's not monster."

"He's one of my rivalries! Of course, he's a monster!" He replied, being frantically busy on what he's writing. I furrowed my brows as I saw Ethan not taking down notes, but writing down bad statements that he wanted to say to Jack.

I remember the first day of school. I saw Jack pinning Amy down in the locker and that's the last time I saw him again not till the Excelsis Ball,where he stole the coronet from my head. Yes, he is a monster.

He's seated beside me, writing something down too but I know he's just listening the whole conversation between me and Ethan. He's smirking the whole moment and his ear sometimes twitch up. Ethan thinks this is hell. He and Jack are both rivalries and now, they're damn close to each other. But for me, it's a huge opportunity to take Jack down.

I need to get the coronet back.

Ethan's been muttering the whole time and I'm thinking on how to trapped Jack. Should I talk to him? I can't report to the police. Everybody thinks the coronet is long gone. I can't tell this to my friends either. They'll kill me!

"So, Emma. Emma isn't it?" Jack started and my eyes directly darted towards his.

"Where's the crown, Jack?" I whispered. It's so low that it's impossible to be heard but Jack smiled and stared at me for a moment.

"Why are you so interested about it, Emma? It's in good hands. No worries," Jack replied and smirked, taking a quick glance at Ethan who's been anxious at the moment, muttering incoherent words.

"You stole it from me!" I said and with that, Jack chuckled.

"Stole it from you? Why? Are you the owner of it? Where did you get it Emma? Or shall I say, did you stole it too?" Jack replied. Too many questions for me to bare and Jack's smiling at me the whole time, making a sudden change of topic.

"Look. It doesn't matter where I got the crown," I replied.

"Well, it doesn't matter too if I stole it from you," he whispered back, smirking. I was caught off guard. Jack's wise damn it. How can I persuade him?

I took a quick peek and saw his schedule. It's Physical Education. We both have the same class and we'll be both heading towards the gym. I can buy us some time.

I didn't bother to reply him. I waited for the bell to ring and I can chase him all the way down to the gym class. I need to get some clues or information on where the coronet is.

When the bell finally rings, we all dispersed and I took a quick wave to Ethan before he proceeds to his next class. I, on the other hand, directly change my uniform and chase Jack through out the empty corridor.

"Jack!" I called but he only walks faster and took a quick turn towards the left wing of the campus. He's not heading for his next class. That explains why he's not changing either.