Chapter 2: Portrait

Chapter 2: Portrait

The ride to the Royal Palace was very exhausting. It took several hours to get to the Gem and we needed to stop at every station on each circle. Not only did we need to stop at every station in each circle, we had to change trains . The and the footman who are escorting me said that the motor cars of the Royal Palace .

I glanced outside the train's window. I am currently in the South border of the Edge. It was dark outside and I looked up and saw it was already ten in the evening. I'm already done eating my dinner. No more pedestrians walking on the road. It was eerily silent, although I could still see some teenagers walking past through a dark alley. I wondered if they might be going to some clubs.

I closed my eyes and sighed. This is the last day I'll see and my family- unless Carol permitted it. Just as father predicted, they arrived at exactly ten o' clock. I had gotten up early to spend my last remaining hours with my family. Before I left, I kissed Chloe on the forehead and hugged my parents. My mother gave me a necklace to serve as a memento.

During the trip, I studied the pendant hanging from the necklace. It's a beautiful pendant covered with gold and different infinite shape outlines. I smiled and embraced my family one more time before heading out and waving goodbye. At least I have a remembrance from them. I promised that I will see them soon.

My eyes were getting tired and dull. I glanced at the clock again- it's 10:30 pm. I yawned and stretched out before drifting to sleep.

.

.

It was raining very hard. I looked up and saw myself being carried by a beautiful woman. She stared at me and for a realized she looks just like me. Her hair was light brown, her eyes were brown as well. We had almost the same features on the face. She smiled and looked at me like I was the most precious thing in the world.

I looked to the left and saw another person. He was smiling to me as well and my eyes gleamed. I stared at his sharp nose and beautiful lips- they're like mine. I saw another guy beside him- staring at me. He had disheveled brown hair but somehow made him even more handsome.

I looked around and noticed that the woman holding me and the guy with a fine lips and sharp nose had crowns.

Suddenly, it was blurry. After ten seconds, it cleared up and they were all in panic. I looked at the woman again who was now frightened. I saw her hand me to the guy with the disheveled hair off her necklace.

I gasped. It looked exactly like the necklace my mother gave to me before I left the Squatters.

I looked to the two people who had crowns one last time and saw them hugged each other tightly just before I was embraced by the disheveled hair guy and felt like I was flying through the air before I heard a terrible crash. I up and saw the disheveled guy, but his face was a blur.

I heard a baby cry, then I , it's me. He smiled one more time and kissed me on the forehead then placed me on a doorway, knocked three times and left before I saw a woman came out. The woman in the door gasped and around, seeing no one. Then, she scooped me up in her arms and took me inside. She called her husband and the man smiled.

"I am going to call you Emma. Welcome to the family, Emma Bell." The woman says.

"Bell, Bell, Bell..." The sound kept repeating.

"Bell, wake up," I quickly jolted up from my seat. My eyes adjusted first before I saw the footman standing in front of me.

"Miss Bell, we are already in the Gem. You still have time to ready yourself, miss." I nodded and he smiled before he walked away.