₪ | ANIMIS - Stagpaw | ₪

"Stagpaw! Stagpaw!"

     "Stagpaw! Stagpaw!"

     Stagpaw jumped in surprise as a small brown tabby kit scampered up to her whom was recognizable as Hawkkit.

     "Stagpaw, Heatherheart just told me that you can teach me a few battle moves!" Hawkkit squeaked with excitement, wiggling his haunches while swiping the air at a pretend-enemy, "Can you? Can you? Please!"

     Stagpaw hesitated, she wasn't quite sure how to ease the excited kit, "Er — I-I'm not sure.." She coughed awkwardly, feeling the heat beginning to rise up her fur.

     Hawkkit continued to plead, "Oh, please Stagpaw! I really want to be the best warrior of the clan!"

     "...I'm sorry, Hawkkit, I don't think I can right now," Stagpaw mumbled with a sigh, "Maybe later." She flicked her tail before padding away.

     Stagpaw felt bad for disappointing the small kit as he stared after her with disdain, but she didn't feel comfortable in doing what the kit wanted. How would I even know if I'm doing the right thing? I'm not a mentor!

     Stagpaw was about to enter the apprentice's den when Poppywhisker, ThunderClan's deputy, yowled across the clearing to her. Stagpaw huffed, she just wanted to sleep and keep away from the others, she was never very comfortable with her clanmates, especially when they crowded about.

     She ran over to Poppywhisker, "Y-Yes? Did you need me to do something?" She asked while fidgeting her paws nervously.

     Poppywhisker grinned cheerfully, "You're going out on a hunting patrol with Kestrelsong, Nutpaw, and Aspenleaf!"

     Stagpaw pinned her ears flat to her head. Hunting patrol? The last time she went on a hunting patrol, she ended up stuck in a bramble bush and it took her clanmates forever to get her out. Her ears burned with embarrassment at the memory.

     Shaking her head, Stagpaw glanced back at Poppywhisker, "Poppywhisker, I-I promised Mistyfur to help her collect herbs and did you know herbs are very, very important? One of us could catch greencough at any moment, we have to be ready! What – What if one of the warriors fell out of a tree while hunting and got hurt? The herbs would surely help with that!" Stagpaw coughed.

     Poppywhisker flicked an ear in amusement, "Mistyfur can find someone else. Now go and catch something tasty!"

     Stagpaw sighed as her hunting patrol waited not too far away. She nodded before turning away and joining them.

     Nutpaw gave her a weird look, "What, do you not like to help feed your Clan?"

     Stagpaw's fur rose when he spoke, "N-No, I just-"