Interview: Talfli

1. What is your name? (optional)

My name is Talfli, silly!

2. How would you describe yourself? (in three sentences or more)

Well, I'm a really happy and outgoing person. If you want to chat with me, I'm always willing. Don't be afraid to talk to little ol' me! 

3. Have you ever been to a foreign country? Anywhere other than the one you would call home? If so, what are some interesting things you saw there? 

I have never been to a foreign country, but the place where I live is beautiful enough. All I have to do is walk into my backyard and I'll see a mountain. At night, I have the full view of the moon and the stars. I'd really like to visit England, however. Tea and crumpets and all that jazz!

4. What inspires you to write? A person, a place? Anything! 

The person who first inspired me to write stories was my sister. I wrote her a story for her birthday, and that pretty much started my writing career. I started writing warrior cats, and I have been improving every day. (I think.)

5. How old were you when you took an interest in writing?

I was pretty young when I first had an interest in writing. I mean, I would make little books out of paper and staples. I even made a book series about a girl who turns into a wolf. When I started to write seriously, I was about 11-12 years old. 

6. Why did you choose your current username? Does it represent you? Does it have a story behind it?

My current username was actually inspired by Chrome. I asked him how he created his username, and he taught me how to make a cool username. So, I created Talfli!It's Talonfang and Heatherflight, two of my main OCs, crossed together. I took the "Tal" part of Talon, and the "fli" part of Heatherflight. (P.S it's TalFLI not TalFI. there is an "L"). Talfli doesn't really have a meaning, but I kind of think a Talfli would be a type of tribe.

7. Do you prefer to write fanfictions or spoofs?

I prefer to write fanfictions, but that doesn't mean I'm better at them. I'd say I'm pretty good at writing spoofs. Honestly, writing spoofs doesn't really require any experience. All you gotta do is give Graystripe a waffle and you're good. Oh, and you must use XD LOl and BTW XD.

8. Do you prefer to write a story in pencil on paper first? Or do you use a computer?

I prefer to write my story on a computer. However, when thoughts of a story comes to mind, I'll grab a pencil and a piece of paper to write it down on. That thought might disappear, so always write it down!

9. How did you find Wattpad, and what about it was the reason you decided to stay once you found it?

I found wattpad because of choose your adventure stories. I wanted to create one, in fact. But, instead of that, my sister suggested wattpad. So I decided I'd try it out. Immediately I found amazing warrior cat books, and I decided I wanted to become famous. Obviously it worked. Hahaha, just kidding.

10. What is your favorite book on Wattpad, why is it your favorite, and would you suggest this book to others? 

Oh boy, there are so many books..... I have to say, I enjoy Dragoncat16's Falling Petals. It tells the story of a tom who has a girly name. His mother always enjoyed the prefix Flower, so when she didn't have a she-cat, she named her son Flowerkit.

11. Who is your favorite author on Wattpad and why?

Yet again, I would have to say . She doesn't do your average and trendy warriors short story. She has great books that are not your average warrior stories. Not only is she good at stories, but she's a great a friend to me :)

12. How did you find out about Warriors, and what made you stick to the series? 

I found warriors out from my older sister! I was looking for a good book series and she popped out of nowhere and handed me the series. I loved cats, so naturally warriors was a great series for me. In fact, I wished that my cats would run away to become warriors!

13. What is your favorite arc in Warriors? Why?

My favorite arc is the new series, Vision of Shadows. Erin Hunter has improved so much over the years! I was literally crying and *gasp*ing all the time during the book. In fact, I finished the book in one hour, it was so good!

14. What inspired you to write Warriors fanfiction/spoofs?

Weeeeeellllll...... I knew already before I joined wattpad I wanted to do something with warriors. So when I discovered that there was a warriors fandom on wattpad, that made me want to write them even more.

15. How many people do you know in person who also read Warriors?

Only my younger sister and two of her friends. It kinda stinks that no one else I know likes warriors.

16. Who is your favorite character from the series? Why?

Holy cow. My favorite character? Well, this will be hard. I think my favorite character has got to be Whitestorm. He was an amazing deputy (while he was deputy) and a good senior warrior. Even though he lost his mother as a kit, he still grew up to be a great warrior.

17. What tips would you like to give to any aspiring authors? 

My dearest aspiring writers! Indeed, I DO have some tips for you! Tip number one: plan your story out ahead of time.Don't just figure out the plotline as you go! Try to have it all planned out! Tip number two: try writing a few chapters of your story before publishing it. Just do it. Trust me, it helps a lot. Tip number three: develop a schedule that you can write on. Tell the readers your schedule. Last tip: don't force yourself to write. Let your viewers know that it takes time to write a good book. You never saw Erin Hunter come up with a new book for the new series in just a week, did you?

18. What would you say is the most important when writing a story?

The most important thing you should do when writing a story is know your characters. Know how each of them reacts to a different situation. That's what I always try to do when I write my stories.

19. Tell us about any of your Warriors fanfiction(s), what it is about, and why we should read it.

Well, my best fanfiction I have currently is my book Brightfur's Agony. I've been writing it for a long time. As the book goes on, you can see my writing improve.

20. Is there anything you'd like to say to your friends, fans, and readers? Any shout-outs to specific Wattpad members?

To all the Heatherfans out there-DON'T LET YOUR DREAMS BE DREAMS.Anyways, I'd like to give a shout out to my friend Mayether (who also has a rad username like me and chrome do) She has an amazing short story y'all should read. And, to Riddivalion for my username. And I feel like I should mention xXxGodzillaxXx and CraziestCatMan