Chapter {15}

"Liberty has never come from the government. Liberty has always come from the subjects of it. The history of liberty is a history of resistance." -Woodrow Wilson.

I cleared my throat. "Well, I should get going. You'll escape one way or another." Harry extended his hand forward and squeezes my hand.

"Thank you." As he raised his eyes to make eye contact yet again, there was something I haven't seen in a while. Hope.
***

I turned the fan on a stared blankly at the ceiling. I looked at the calendar and then back at the fan. My eyes nervously flitted between the two until I groaned in frustration. Harry was going to be executed  soon. Any day actually and if I wanted to help, i had to act fast.

A sudden knock on my door pulled my thoughts back to the present and I sighed.

"Come in."

My heart leapt at the sight of Luke's blonde hair. I may not love him but he does make me happy enough. He brings a certain joy and calmness that's very much appreciated.

"Hey." He gave me a warm smile and eased some of my worries.

"Hey yourself." I retorted.

He made his way across the room until he was standing above me. "You look worried. What's up? I just wanted to check on you."

I paused, No I  wasn't okay. "Yeah; I'm just worried about stuff."

"Care to share?" When my silence met his question he shrugged awkwardly.

"Sorry, im trying best."

I nodded. "I know and i appreciate that. It's just that..." i trailed off mid sentence not knowing how to explain my  terroristic plans of helping a convict escape.

He shook his head. "No no. I get it. Hey i just wanted to tell you that there's going to be another fancy event." I began to grown when he continued "it's the last one for a while though. And i would appreciate it if you would be my date."

"I guess."

His blue eyes began to twinkle and gave me a crooked smile. "I'm looking forward to it my love." He softly kisses my forehead and began to make an exit.

Wait, a fancy event?

"Luke,"

"Yeah?" He stopped with his hand by the knob and turned to face me.

"Where's this fancy event? When is it?" I asked causally. I could feel my heart racing.

"It's going to be this Thursday and it's going to be another engagement announcement party for all surrounding territories. This one is for the public."

I absentmindedly shook my head. Today was Sunday and I had four days to prepare.  My thoughts were no longer with him. This was my chance and I had to act fast. I silently willed him to leave my quarters and once he did, I made a beeline for prisons.

*

"So let me get this straight," Harry said in his deep gravelly voice. 

"You want to hire some mercenaries and have them break me out?"

I bobbed my head in agreement. "Well yeah. They're sneaky and stealthy and they will do anything no questions asked if you pay them enough."

Harry shook his head. "And then you want to kill them for ever having to be involved?"

"Well yeah. What's up with my plan?" The confidence I had in it was slowly deflating. In my defense, I thought it was a great foolproof plan.

Harry sighed and chuckled. "Well I think it's a horrible idea."