chapter {8}

AN'S:// WHO SAW THE NEW COVER OMFG. IT IS AMAZING. I HAVE SEVERAL OTHER ONES THAT GOT SUBMITTED BUT HOLY...THIS ONE TOOK THE CAKE. I can't dedicate it to her because she wishes to remain anonymous. (she knows who She is!) She is a wonderful reader and xoxoxo for that. She's amazing! Hah! Lol, I have other covers and I will be posting them! Thanks! Love you guys!

(AN'S:// at the end.)

>>>>>Onyx's wedding ring on the side!!!!

Other than that, enjoy! ^_^

"When you do what you fear most, then you can do anything."

-

I slumped down on the wooden floor, panting heavily. I ran up all the way up to my room from the prisons. I even slipped by my fiancé and father, but they were too busy bickering with each other to notice me.

I felt uncertain with myself for accepting Luke's proposal. It wasn't like I had a choice but still. It didn't feel right. I hesitated because I wanted to have that moment of peace and pretend to be like every other normal person who can have a chance and decide to reject the boy. I sighed.

I decided to change into my pajamas and hit the lights, when I heard a heavy pounding on the door.

"Onyx! Onyx open the door or so help me-" My father's angry voice boomed through the door.

I still had yet to reach for my bed. Maybe if I just pretend to not be here they would go away. I slowly backed up but then cursed when my back collided into my desk. I whirled around to see a lamp violently shaking. I attempted to grab for it but it was too late. I could only watch as it fell on the floor, alerting the others of my presences.

I cringed as my father pounded the door with renewed strength, knowing I was in here.

"Onyx Chanel!!!"

"ALRIGHT!" I threw open my door to two fuming men scowling men. Luke's face was all scrunched up in anger and his face held a pinkish tint of anger.

"Where did you go?"

"Why did you run out on me?"

"Why aren't you there?"

"Did anything happen?"

"When'd you get here?"

Luke spewed those questions out faster then a machine gun. I breathed once and held up a hand. "Enough."

Luke frowned and rubbed his jaw.

"My question first, why the heck did you just run and leave?" Luke demanded.

I sighed. My head was really throbbing now. I can't deal with this, this late at night. "Look, I just needed some air."

Luke sneered. "Lies. What the heck was you dropping that w-"

A loud knocking interrupted us all.

"Come in!" I yelled, grateful for the distraction.

Ed popped in a red head and cleared his throat. "Mr. President they need you down in the uh...meetings room."

He nervously said to my father.

I almost forgot about my father, he was silent the whole time here. He nodded as he gave me one last neutral gaze.

Luke motioned Ed to leave. "Bye now."

Ed disagreed. He wasn't finished. "As for you Luke, your parents want to talk to you."

Luke narrowed his eyes. "About what? I'm not leaving til you tell me."

Ed shrugged. "I don't know, your inheritance?"

Luke scowled. He stormed away but then paused at the doorway. "To be continued."

I let go of a breath that I hadn't been known I was holding. I slumped down and then noticed Ed still standing there awkwardly.

"Hey Ed?" I said.

He shifted his posture to being more alert. "Yes?"

I twiddled my thumbs. I didn't want to sound rude... "Um Ed...in the least rudest possible way, why are you here?It's just that I'm really tired and I had a long day and I would like to sleep."

His eyes widened in understanding. "Oh! I'm so sorry! But uh yeah the reason why I'm here..."

He scratched the back of his neck nervously. "Oh I suppose you'd need some saving..." After that, he stepped out leaving me.

I made my way onto my bed and got lost in my thoughts but one question stuck, who was Harry really?

AN'S:// I apologize this update took foreva! This chapter really is blahhh but I've been editing my other chapters and it's been a grueling process. Plus, the first time I wrote this chapter it got DELTED. So did the 2nd...and 3rd...and 4th.... So then I just typed it up a 5TH TIME. I was ready to give up.

okay I think we are ready to go! Comment what you thought :)! I will have the next chapter up soon!