chapter {4}

"Each meeting occurs at the precise moment for which it was meant. Usually, when it will have the greatest impact on our lives."

-

ONYX'S POV

I didn't get a wink of sleep last night. I spent it tossing and turning. It has been a long time since I dreamt about anything about my... particular childhood. I shuddered to myself. Those memories gave me a bitter taste in mouth. I felt a tear escape and slip down my face. I furiously wiped it away and sunk lower in my bed. Thank god things are better and have been better for 6 years and I can only pray that things go accordingly.

I felt horrible for just leaving like that on Harry and he didn't even deserve to be on the receiving end of my anger. I just snapped at him and fury clouded my vision with red. He was unfortunate enough to be on my receiving end of my volcanic temper.

I frowned. Ever since I met a murder, my thoughts and ever waking moment have been consumed by one thing only. Him. Harry Styles. His green eye color beat all the other green eyes out there. The other colors never met that same mesmerizing jade green sparkling pair of eyes. Then he had those plump cherry blood reded lips that would be amazing at kissing... I groaned at myself. Here I was, fantasying about some stranger I met 5 seconds ago.

I think this is bad for my health.

Noises of the maids coming through the hallway could be heard. They stopped pushing their cart and began to talk. Snippets of their conversation reached my eager ears.

"The guy was hot." I rolled my eyes. Somehow I knew they were talking about Harry.

"Beth!"

"C'mon Jenna don't deny it! Have you seen the abs on that guy?"

One of them giggled and agreed. "I mean..."

"I just want to spread my legs and-"

I nearly gagged. Well THAT escalated quickly.

"Okay enough! I get the picture!" I stifled a laugh.

"Too bad he might not live that long enough to get laid by anyone." They chuckled. The blood that ran in my veins froze to ice and my heart skipped a couple of beats. What?

"Yeah. A murder is still a murder. Even though he is a sexy ass motherfucker."

***attempted murder. I wanted to run out of the room and correct her mistake. It didn't count if my father was living and breathing downstairs.

"...more like prison." I zoned out and missed the first part. I cursed myself and willed to not get distracted.

"He might get a life sentence."

"Or he might not. He has to be a rich fucker."

Their voices got fainter but conversation could still be heard. They must've turned their backs on me. I hesitated a moment before latching my ear to the door.

"...information?"

"Bish please. Don't you trust me? Word gets out. Lucy heard Brenda hear from Mitch who heard Michael hear that the hot murder will receive some type of punishment of some sort. President may whip him to death or beat him. Plus it's all over the newspapers. Did you know that there's a torture room?" They began to get immerse in those dangerous toys.

I squeezed my eyes shut. This was not happening. Harry couldn't get hurt.

"Onyx." My ears once agin perked up at my name in their conversation. It obviously did not belong there.

"Oh my lord. That bitch? I hate her so fucking much." My stomach knotted at the cruel words being said at from behind my back.

It wasn't like I was 5 feet away with a door separating us. Nope. Not at all.