Chapter 19

"Let's go ladies! You're like turtles today!" our coach yelled as we jogged on the huge track, I send Aiden a couple of smiles when I passed him while playing footy.

Today was one of the worst days ever! I didn't have motivation to keep running, I was surprised my legs were still moving on the pavement.

I was ahead of everyone by a lap and I didn't even tried to push harder, my lungs weren't burning like they usually do when I'm running because normally I run at my fullest.

"Alright Summers! You got 15 minutes rests then it's back to the track!" I heard, I stopped right in my tracks and sat down on the grass and thirstingly drank from my water bottle.

I fixed my shoe laces and put my hair up in a ponytail, I laid down and set my alarm for 14 minutes since I had already wasted a minute.

I wiped the sweat from my face and covered it with my hands, I laid there listening to deep breathing as some people rested.

It was too quick before my alarm sounded and I stretched and got ready to run the track again.

I jogged and then sped my speed up and looked down at my feet.

After a couple more laps we finally sat down and listened to the coach ramble about how great job we're doing and some others need to speed up.

We were excused to go get dressed and then I ran home, only to find cousin Christine in the living room.

She looked different, her hip length once light brown almost blonde hair was dip-dyed in an ombré pink.

She had dark makeup on and a nose and lip piercing.

"Christine?" I said as her mum sat there.

"Hey little cousin" she smiled, she still had that same Hungarian accent since her and her mum moved here when she was in 6th grade.

"He...y, What's with the new look?" one thing about us two is that we are 100% honest with each other.

"Just collage material" she smiled.

"Which is gonna be gone! You won't be able to get into community collage with those things!" aunt Karina hissed.

"Mum chill! I told you the piercings are fake, I didn't have the guts to do actually pierce my nose and lip, see?" she demonstrated as she removed the silver piece from her mouth and nose.

"And the hair?"

"I'll cut it" everything seemed simple to Christine.

"And you're here because..." I said.

"My mum bought the apartment, she wants to know when you'll move in"

"Shit!" I growled "I haven't even talked about it with my mum, either way I can't move this week, and I'm gonna be gone for 3 weeks on a field trip but after I come back I think I'm good to move in" I smiled.

"Alright, well that's all, I think we must be going" Aunt Karina said and hurried Christine along.

"Tell Max I brought his favorite lasagna for you both of you" she chirped.

Max? Max! shit I forgot to go pick him up and light drizzle was beginning to fall.

I grabbed the keys and ran to Max's school, oh god he's gonna be so pissed off! It could be worse, it could be more than a light drizzle.

I cursed those thoughts after it started to pour down, god I need a car! I ran ignoring my clothes that were getting wet.

I ran inside the gym door only to slip because my eyes ignored the caution wet floor sign.