Chapter 19: Promise

You remained lying on the bed thinking about the event for what seemed like hours but you were suddenly caught off guard when you hear someone burst through the door.

"(Y/N)!"

You sit up from the bed despite the pain and your eyes widen in shock.

"Baekhyun?" YOu looked at the doorway with disbelief lace in your voice. "Aren't you suppose to be on~" But before you could finish your sentence he walks up to you, enveloping you into a tight hug. A warm droplet falling into your exposed shoulder.

"I'm so sorry." You pull away in shock and look at him right in the eyes, you could see a few tears falling down his face.

"What are you sorry for?" You asked softly.

"I said I would protect you but I wasn't there when you needed me the most"
"I'm so sorry." Your shocked expression melts into a soft smile, it was your turn to pull him into another hug.

"You had no way of knowing this would happen, it's not your fault." You rested your head in the crook of his neck and he does the same. "You have nothing to be sorry for." You reassured him.

"I promise you I will always be here for you from now on, I'm not leaving your side." You giggle a little from his statement.

"Is this your own way of asking me to be your girlfriends?" You inquired before looking up at him with a cheeky grin.

"(Y/n), will you be my girlfriend?" He suddenly asked, breaking the warm embrace.

"Of course," you replied softly, barely audible for anyone else to hear but to Baekhyun, it was louder than ever.

"Thank you, I'm sorry, I love you."

"I love you too." You replied as the first tear of joy slide down your face.

~TBC~