10: River's POV

River's POV:

I was infuriated that Riley backed away from me. I let out a growl.

"STOP!!!! You are not to move away from me ever again! Do. You. Understand!?!?!?"

Riley nodded and stopped moving. Her eyes were full of fear, it hurt me to know that I caused it but I had to lay down the rules.

"You are mine ok? Only mine! MINE!! No other guy is allowed to kiss you, hug you, or look at you the wrong way. If I catch you flirting or talking to a guy, I will not hesitate to hurt him. Do you understand?" I told her

She just stared at me.

"DO YOU?" I yelled at her

Riley just nodded.

"Good, now what do you want to do?" I asked in a calm voice, like nothing had happened.

Riley shook her head and said in a really soft whisper, "Nothing that has anything to do with you." Without my werewolf hearing I would've never heard it.

Those words wounded me like a knife in my heart. I picked her up bridal style and whispered in her ear, "You will be by my side at all times during the school day. Got it? "

"OK" She said slightly scared

I walked with her in my arms to her swimming spot where I had seen her in wolf form. She gasped when she saw where we were.

"Do you know this place?" I asked her

"N-n-no." She stuttered

"Don't lie to me, I can tell when your lying."

"I'm not, and did your eye color change to black?" She was trying to change the subject but failed.

"Don't avoid the question, yes or no?"

"No"

"Don't lie" I said as I squeezed her body a little bit. I can not have her lie to me, I won't tolerate disrespect.

"Ow, please stop. It hurts"

"Having your girlfriend lie to you hurts too. Once you tell me the truth, I'll let you go."

"I'm not your..." I never let her finish because I squeezed tighter and her breathe hitched.

"Yes you are, now tell me the truth." I growled out.

"C-can't b-breathe." She stuttered trying to breathe.

"All you have to do is tell me if you know this place or not, then I will let you go." I told her. I can't let her think she can disrespect me. She nodded her head a little, still trying to breathe and get out of my grip.

"What was that sweetheart, I didn't hear you." I said as I tightened my grip just a hair more so she would stop struggling and tell me the truth.

"Y-y-y-yes." She said barely above a whisper since I was holding her so tightly.

I loosened my grip a bit and asked, "Yes what?"

"Yes, I know this spot." she replied through her stuggle for air

I put her down and told her to go change into her swim suit.

"How do you.."

"I have my ways sweetheart, now go change, I won't look."

While she was changing, I had run to a nearby werewolf owned store and I took some swim trunks. When I got back to the clearing, I changed into them. Riley had finished changing right as I had come back so while I changed, Riley went for a swim.

I jumped in after I had changed. I tried to catch her once we were in the water but she just kept swimming away from me. It took everything in me not to growl so I decided to think of it as a game of chase. I chased her around for a couple minutes until she went kind of deep and stayed there awhile. I had to go back up for air so I gave up until she came back up. Once she had resurfaced, I grabbed her and kissed her. She was shocked and didn't respond until I pulled back an looked at her with confusion. She just swam away.

We swam around for about an hour before Riley pulled herself out and started to sunbathe. I went and sat next to her but she just turned away. I grabbed her waist and growled a little. She looked at me shocked.

"Did you just growl, last time I thought I had imagined it." Riley said

"Um, no" I said

"Yes you did, I just heard it! Don't deny it!" she screamed. I hated lying but she couldn't know yet.

"Just stop OK. I don't feel like arguing about this, plus I don't growl."

"Wonder why your so defensive then." she retorted

"Your so pathetic, it's quite sad that you don't believe me." I told her

"If I'm so pathetic, then why do you act like we're engaged? Hmm." She asked with all seriousness but I could tell I had hurt her and she was covering it up.

"Your my girlfriend, I'm allowed to be protective."

"And demanding." Riley said but trailed off at the end.

I wanted to show her that she was mine. I wanted to mark her, but I couldn't, she wasn't ready. I ran off so I wouldn't hurt her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~A/N: Hope y'all like it!

COMMENT

VOTE

SHARE

-RiRoo2000