29: Back to School Shopping

RILEY'S POV (it's Saturday morning by the way)

Oh my gosh! This has been an exhausting week!

Every day: I'm ignoring Jonathan, while he tries his best to get me to respond to him. Sometimes River comes out when I'm being extra "annoying" (as he says). Then he will sometimes leave the house and go "take a run" when in reality he's gone for hours at a time. When he does leave, he makes sure I'm locked in the house and there are Warriors surrounding the house. I try to practice my powers sometimes but I have to do it without anyone noticing because I tried it once and one of the guards thought I was setting the house on fire and they came to "rescue" me. So now I have to do it in the basement where everyone thinks I'm oblivious to the fact that we even have a basement. I also have to tell the guards that I'm taking a nap so they don't disrupt or come looking for me.

At night, Jonathan comes home, and I already have dinner ready - since I have nothing better to do, and then we go to bed, in the same position as always; him wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me flush against his bare chest. I've also been wearing Jonathan's clothes all week, but he has somehow gotten me some new undergarments. I don't even want to know from where though. Plus, it was my birthday on the 4th. I didn't tell anyone cause I knew Jonathan would freak out and try to do something giant for it but I didn't want to have to thank him for anything. I would've told someone else but I wasn't allowed to meet anyone. So yeah, that's been my week.

Today is October the 8th. I sometimes wish I could've done something for my birthday but I didn't have anyone to celebrate with except for Jonathan and I didn't want to do that. I know I should've told him and not self-pity myself but I really don't like him right now.

"Riley! Where are you?!?" I hear Jonathan scream for me. Uggggg!

"I'm in my room!" I yell back. I hear footsteps thumping up the stairs and doors opening and closing doors. Idiot, did he really think I would call his room, my room.

"What do you think you're doing?" Jonathan asks angrily.

"I'm reading and thinking." I state, obviously pushing his buttons.

"I meant, why are you calling this guest room your room. Your room is my room. Our room." Jonathan says, emphasizing who's room is who's.

"Sorry, but this is where I spend every boring day, so I assumed this was my room. The room you force me to sleep in, is YOUR room. To me it's just a room I sleep in." I tell him. He can't just keep thinking that I'm ok with this.

"Well, it is OUR room. Plus, you don't have to stay in this room. You're welcome to go anywhere in the house." He says generously. Wow, that's different.

"Even in the basement?" I question.

"You know about the basement?" He asks, getting slightly nervous.

"Yup. Don't you think I would've noticed the door while I'm working in the kitchen every day?" I say.

"I guess. But have you been down there?" He tests.

"Why do you ask?" I say, seeing how long he'll be nice to me.

"Well, I like to know where you are and what you're doing. You are my mate." He says nonchalantly.

"Yeah, well you don't tell me where you go for hours at a time." I challenge.

"I train the Warriors, grab my school work from my mom, I run around the territory, and then I do some pack work." Jonathan tells me.

"Crap! I need to go to school!" I exclaim.

"Well, I could always bring you're work here." Jonathan says.