21: Football Girl and Try-outs

RILEY'S POV:

This is so AWESOME!!!! OK so I started to spread the rumor about "Football Girl" (looking like a very innocent and nerdy blonde), and now EVERYONE has been talking about it. I have been shape shifting everyday recently and the theme of all the shape shifts have been innocent, petite, weak, and nerdy. I tried to stay in the shadows as much as possible. I also read a lot of minds over the past 3 1/2 days. I tried not to but lots of people would look at me and then just shake their heads and continue to gossip. Most people would think that I was to weak to even think about trying out for football. Some people thought that I was new (shape shifting keeps everyone on their toes) so I couldn't have been this mysterious "Football Girl".

Tomorrow is football try-outs and I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! Like literally, I am bouncing on my bed right now. Try-outs are after school and everyone will be there. Everyone wants to know who this "Football Girl" is!! It's so exhilarating!!! I lay down and try to go to sleep but I am just too hyped up.

I know I will need my energy tomorrow so I take some type of muscle relaxer. I'm not worried about being physically ready for tomorrow, but I need to be prepared for anything that's thrown at me (verbally/emotionally). I am very shy so I will have to deal with the crowd staring at me and watching my every move. Most of them will probably video tape/ take pictures as well.

I finally drift off to sleep thinking about Jonathan's shocked and happy face when I reveal myself to him.

THE NEXT MORNING

Fire up your loud. Another round of shots. Turn down for what!

Well good morning Lil' Jon and DJ Snake. I stretch and grab a pair of black, teal, and white work out shorts and a tank top. I will change my clothes when I shape shift. When try-outs start, I will just return to my true form. That way, I am completely ready for try-outs.

Lord knows how many people will be roaming the school before try-outs to see if a girl is going to go change for the try-outs.

7 HOURS LATER

OK, so I just got out of 7th period and I have 10 minutes until try-outs. I'm not sure I can do this.

I am still very shy from my "1st Life" (before I was brutally killed by werewolves). The saying is right, old habits die hard. But see, I don't know why I'm still shy because I could beat up anyone in the school. Don't blink, you might miss the fight! But I still have that insecurity of my height and weight. OK, so my weight isn't as much of a problem anymore because of that whole living in the desert thing, but still. Whenever I wear baggy clothes, I sometimes feel as if I am still that a little over chubby girl.

Either way, I'm not sure I can do this. What if everyone hates me from now on, including Joanthan? but then again, based on the books that I have read, your mate loves you no matter what. I don't know. Should I just go for it, or reveal myself some other way? What would happen if I didn't reveal myself at all?

I don't know what I want to do...

JOANTAHN'S POV

Today is football try-outs. I am so excited. Not only because I would be able to start football season again, but so I can see who this "Football Girl" is. I'm kinda hoping she doesn't show, but then again, I want to see who wrecked my car. Try-outs are in 5 minutes and all of the guys are already on the field talking about the upcoming season or "Football Girl".

I look around and just about all of the school student body is here, even some of the teachers! I saw some kids roaming the school grounds a couple of minutes ago looking for "Football Girl".

OK, 1 more minute. I don't think she'll show. Either way, I get something out of it. Right as the coach comes out, so does someone from the girls' locker room. I turn around to look at all the guys. Looks like Ms. Girly decided to show herself.