23: The Reveal (Part 2)

Important at bottom

JONATHAN'S POV (pix on side, if on computer)

When Riley showed us her elemental powers, everyone was amazed. The only thing that went through the mind link were things like:

'Our Luna's so cool.'

'I still can't believe she's alive!'

'I can't wait for her to accept us!'

It was really cool how much they awed my mate. Then again, she is my mate and is AWESOME!!!!!

"Alright, I did die but then a couple days later I was "reborn". It means that my body burned up and then reconnected itself. My soul returned back to my improved body and then I woke up. I also have enhanced senses. Would you like to see how I know I'm part Phoenix?" Riley asks after we promise not to tell anyone.

Riley then asks one of us to punch her. All the boys look at me, silently asking if they could, I shake my head no. I don't want Riley to be hurt, especially by one of the pack members. I think I might have to kill them of they even think about hurting Riley in anyway.

"Ok then, anyone got a pocket knife or something sharp?" She asks slightly annoyed

Everyone's eyes went wide and they circled around Riley. I grabbed both of her wrists and pulled them behind her back. Riley starts to kick and thrash around until Bryan grabs her ankles. She thrashes some more and using her powers, she managed to get out of our grasp until Jordan and Bryan grabbed Riley's ankles and I grabbed her wrists again. She went limp and closed her eyes, like she was dead.

'What happened to her?' I ask River worriedly.

'She's just acting.' He says reassuringly.

Everyone panicked and let go of her (except me). She opens her eyes and suddenly her skin becomes extremely hot.

I immediately let go. I didn't feel like having my hands melt today. Today just isn't a good day for that to happen. Maybe we could reschedule so it happens.. lets say.... NEVER!!!!!

She then jumps out of everyone's reach. Riley looks surprised and a little confused, as if she didn't know that would happen.

"Ok, first, don't EVER do that again. I know you thought that I was going to cut myself suicidally, and you were just trying to protect your Luna, but if you actually think to about 30 seconds ago, you would know that I wasn't trying to hurt myself, I was trying to show you how I know that I'm part Phoenix. Second, you will see why I am so willing to hurt myself." Riley states matter-of-factly.

She just called herself Luna. She accepts us?!?

'Not really, she did it knowing that our protective instincts had kicked in.' River says disappointed

Oh, well, she will accept us.....Eventually.

She looks around for a second and quickly finds a sharp rock. Riley places it to her beautiful flawless skin and I hear the boys take a sharp in take of breath. She wouldn't purposefully hurt herself without knowing what will happen. Right?

She sticks herself with the rock and creates a small cut. I nearly growl at her but I hold it back. She knows what she's doing.

Riley throws the rock on the ground and the guys wait expectantly. Her cut soon has a small flame covering it. What's happening? Why isn't she crying out in pain, I mean her skin literally has a fire flame on it.

I immediately go over to inspect the cut, only to see that it was completely gone, no scab or mark, nothing.

"Well, umm...."I start to say until Kevin burst into applause and Bryan starts to lift her in the air. She was being carried towards my car and the guys were cheering very loudly.