1

A week ago, I met with Sacha and was told of this app. A week ago, I downloaded the app. I've had many 'sugar daddies' show interest during the said week, but none who seemed like they weren't all bark and no bite. A lot of them seemed like they were all talk, and when I asked for them to back it up, they either ignored me or blocked me. This app seemed like a waste of time until I met SDJohn123, at least. I messaged him back quickly and headed to my bathroom to shower. And just as I had turned on the water, my phone vibrated against the sink.

SDJohn123: So, what are you doing, anyway?
SBMika902: about to shower, no big deal.
SDJohn123: Says you, care to send pics?

I contemplate but agree. I leave him on read and open my camera. Snapping a few pics, careful not to get my face in them, I go back to the Sugar Daddy app.

SDJohn123: Hm, being left on read isn't one of my favorite things in the world. . . ;)
SBMika902: sorry, I was taking pics that you personally requested. I wanted it to be a surprise, haha. ;)
SBMika902: 7 Images Attached

I cringed at our usernames. When you join the app, you have to specify whether you're a sugar baby or a sugar daddy. Then you're given either SB or SD. Then your name and 3 numbers of your choosing. I'd change my username if I could. Saving the rest of my thoughts for my shower, I plug my phone in to charge and step into the steam that awaits me. I spend what feels like forever in the shower, but it is really only about 10 minutes. When I step out, I wrap my hair in a towel and then my body. Checking my phone, I have several messages from my Sugar Daddy. Wow, there's something I never thought I'd say. I open the last one he sent and pay no mind to the other messages.

SDJohn123: I made the right call accepting your Sugar Baby request. How much do I owe you for these? ;)
SBMika902: Hmm, I think about $1200 seems fair enough, but I suppose I could settle for $1000 even. ;)
SDJohn123: No, I refuse to let you settle. You asked for $1200, and so you get $1200.
SDJohn123: Has sent you a money gram of $1200
Accept/Deny
SBMika902: Has accepted SDJohn123's money gram.
SBMika902: enough money to buy more lingerie to show off to you. ;)
SDJohn123: And hopefully only me, yes?
SBMika902: duh, don't be ridiculous.

My phone buzzes in my hand, and looking up; I see I have a text from an unknown number.

SBMika902: Mom's calling, talk in a few, xoxo.

Closing out of the app, I open my messages and read the text.

(773-) xxx-xxxx: Hey, it's Brad... Don't be mad, but I downloaded a texting app since you blocked my real number.
Mika: Fuck off, Brad, if you don't leave me alone, I will get a restraining order.

Blocking the new number, I want to scream at the top of my lungs. Brad's my ex, in case it wasn't obvious. We dated for almost 5 years, and we were even engaged, but I dealt with abuse throughout almost the entire relationship. He hasn't even tried to contact me in months, so why would he try now? Shrugging off my ex, I smile as I see more messages from John. He's the only real one I've met on this app. The good news is I'm in Chicago, and he's in LA. I will most likely never have to meet him. If push ever came to shove and he wanted to see my face, I'd agree, to be honest. I don't just have a nice body. I have a pretty face, too. Clicking on the app, I head over to my settings and change my nickname for him.

SBMika902: Changed SDJohn123's nickname from SDJohn123 to MySugarDaddy.

Scrolling up, I read the messages that await me.

MySugarDaddy: I haven't heard much about your mom. I would love to if you're okay with sharing personal info.
MySugarDaddy: How's Chicago weather today? Raining here.
MySugarDaddy: 1 Image Attached
MySugarDaddy: See for yourself.
MySugarDaddy: Okay, I'm heading into a meeting now. Talk soon. Looking forward to hearing from you, xoxo.

The "xoxo" thing started as just a courtesy, but now it's become our thing. Smiling as I finish reading his messages, I respond from my laptop since my phone barely charged.

SDMika902: Pretty sure it's raining here, too. I haven't looked outside.
SDMika902: My mother is great. She makes sure I'm okay before herself. I know everyone says that about their mother, but it's true. I love her dearly.
SDMika902: I've always loved the rain. It calms me. :)
SDMika902: Meeting sounds lame, but I should really go back to the job hunting... looking forward to hearing back from you, xoxo.

Closing out of the app from my laptop, I head to the internet and search for jobs in my area. My laptop dings and the Sugar Daddy app takes up half my screen.

MySugarDaddy: Absolutely not. I told you when you have me you don't need a job. Still, in a meeting, we will talk about this later. . .

Judging by the fact that I didn't get a 'xoxo' back, I knew I was in trouble.