20

Lisa's POV:
Just as John's about to pull the trigger, another bullet comes from nowhere and shoots his wrist. The gun falls and goes off. There's a scream, some blood, and then everything goes silent.

"Fuck." John groans, he tries to sit up.
"Shit, Mika," I turn and look at her. Blood is pouring from her body. "No, Mika." I squirm, desperate to free my hands.
"For fucks sake." Craig says. Wait Craig?
"Craig, what the fuck are you doing?" John groans. "Police are everywhere, man, you got to go." Craig leans against the door.
"Actually, that's why I'm here." Craig begins, walking closer to John. "John Trew, you're under arrest for kidnapping, assault, attempted murder, and bribery." he pulls handcuffs from his belt and arrests him. Holy shit. "We're clear, enemy is attained, let's move in." he speaks into his watch, then he sees Mika. "Send EMT's in, ASAP." his face goes white as he takes in Mika's shape before dragging John out.
"Please, hurry, she's been bleeding for a while." I beg as they begin to untie me. "NO, stop!" I scream, turning to Mika. "Help her! She's hurt, I'm fine, please help her!" They don't listen, they continue to untie me while Mika's blood pool grows larger and larger.
"Ma'am, please stop squirming so we can free you." One of the men says.
"No, help her!" I squirm even more and the female EMT holds up a finger.
"Okay, okay." she begins. "I'll check her pulse." It's silent for so long before she speaks. "I'm sorry, there's no pulse."
"No!" I scream. As soon as I'm free I free Mika and shake her continuously. "Please wake up." I feel myself being tugged away from Mika and I try so hard to hold on. "Please, don't." I don't want to leave her.
"Lisa, I'm sorry, but you need to be checked out." Craig says, gently pulling me.
"I'm fine!" I scream.
"Lisa, you're bleeding, let's go." Craig lifts me and forces me out of the room.
Screaming, the last thing I see is Mika's lifeless body still tied to the pipe under the sink. The door closes and that's the last time I see her. While Craig carries me, everything goes black.

Beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep

"Someone make that beeping stop." No one listens. "Hello!" I scream, putting my throat in agony. "Please." I whisper. The beeping still doesn't stop. What the Hell? Why won't anyone listen to me?

"Hey," Someone says. "Just wanted to let you know that we got the son of a bitch. His trial was today and he'll never see daylight again." he pauses. "I uh, I spoke on your behalf." he clears his throat. "It's really hard to see you like this. . . All wrapped in wires. . . You don't look like you, you know?" he sniffles, he's crying. "I hope you wake up soon. The doctors are pretty hopeful. I have to go now, but I'll be back soon, okay?" I feel the mystery man kiss my hand and he's gone.
"Wait, come back!" I shout, again no one listens. "Will someone fucking listen to me please!" I scream, my voice cracks.
Someone else comes in and I hear the chair creek as they sit. "Hey, trial was today." he pauses, what is with you people and pausing? "You'll be happy to know, he was sentenced twenty-five-to-life, he'll never get out of there. You don't have to worry anymore," I feel his hand on mine. "When you wake up, you won't live a life of fear. He's being deported to an overseas prison as we speak." his hand lets go of mine and I hear the chair creek once more as he leaves.

Beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep

"Hi honey." A woman says, sitting on my bed. "You've had a lot of visitors today. I brought you some flowers," I hear the vase clink against glass. "The doctors are so hopeful you'll wake up soon, so please." she sniffles. "Please wake up baby." I feel her head lay against my stomach and I hear her begin to cry. "Please wake up." she whispers, taking her hand in mine.
Wake up from what? Taking a deep breath, I give it all I have and I squeeze this mystery woman's hand.

"Oh my god!" she shrieks, I can feel her rising. "Doctors!" I hear her heels clink against the floor as she leaves my room.