The Day My Life Changed

A/n: This is going to be my first Your Lie in April/ Tokyo Ghoul Crossover. I don't know if I'll be able to actually do it but I wish I can. So, this story pretty much out of the original anime/manga timeline, though. The characters are not mine.

...

Don't forget me!

Her words still rang inside my ears...

It had been three years now after I graduated in high school but I'm still hanging on her letter. Her words still make me miss her. She could have revealed to me that Tsubaki liked me and Tsubaki also confessed to me that it's true that she liked me but no. Since her death, I always wanted to refuse that she was really gone. There was something inside me that wished that I want myself to actually go and search for her. While I'm walking and moping around the dark streets while I go back in my flat since I settled in Tokyo, I suddenly sensed that someone was following me. I stopped on my tracks and tried to look everywhere.

"Who's there?" I asked. I'm alone and I feel cold. Due to the fear I am feeling, I began running. Some dangerous creature is seriously secretly following my every step since I walked at this street which had been my way back at my flat. I tried to hide.

"Human... I want to eat a human," it spoke.

My eyes widen. Is it true that there were cannibals running amok Tokyo this days around? I had never crossed path to one before until now. If it's true, then I'm seriously in danger. I have to leave or I'll be eaten. I began running again but in my shock, today had been very unfortunate to me. The skies chose to give me a wet road and blurry eyesight.

The cannibal sensed me running at the left part of the dark, narrow street. I just kept running even if I don't know where to go. When I was able to hide inside an empty trash can, I peeked on the features of the cannibal that wanted to kill me. He does have a large belly and he's filled with blood all over him. Most of all, there were strange things on its back as if those were sphincters.

I really feel afraid, right now. In my shock, someone killed him but the one that killed him is also a cannibal.

"You pathetic monster, do you think you can eat my target?" It seems that she's female. I hid more in the empty trash can but I was soon grabbed out of it with just using her own right hand. She grabbed me on my neck and she strangled me. I looked at her eyes and I noticed that her eyes were all red. "You look handsome and tasty, you know?"

"Let me free!" I screamed. She pinned me on a wall. She wrapped my waists and back with her two, strange, slimy, red tails coming from her back. I couldn't breathe beneath her hold. "You have to feel honored, human. The one who'll eat you is a princess of ghouls! They have already killed my sister, Rize. Hmm... Should I eat you?" she asked me as she take me closer to her.

Kaori...

She took me closer to her and I felt her wet tongue slide on my neck. Her other four tails wrap my arms to stop me from struggling. I tried struggling but I couldn't remove myself away from her. Will I really die like this?

I screamed, "HELLLLPPPP!!!"

I hoped someone would hear me but just after I screamed, she felt furious that she began pierced my stomach and back using her fists. I could feel my blood ooze out as I feel myself losing my breath. She kept striking me as long as I was able to see her blue eyes. I kept on vomiting blood and I'm slowly losing every air left on my lungs. Tears fall on my eyes and I wish someone would save me from my situation right now.

She stopped and when she was about to completely kill me using her four tails, I was shocked when she screamed in pain.

I wasn't able to stand straight after her tails left my flailing body. I collapsed on the wet ground after a minute when her tails left my body. I saw a tall man standing before me while holding a strange, bluish weapon that seemed to mimic the tails of the woman that wanted me killed. He moved so swiftly and quick.