Where My Heart Is

A/n: Well, to those loyal Kaori x Kousei fans out there, I haven't yet chosen who he will end up with. It will be one of his conflicts.

Vote and comment, okay?

...

"Uh... Kousei?" Watari called me while I laid on my bed upstairs inside my room. 

I was lying down at my bed that time while I was thinking about a lot of things. Everything about me changed but my best friend decided to stay beside me. 

Even so, I received a shocking news that threw me off.

I just had a call that Mado Akira was given a different mission.

Since the CCG do trust me, they won't be giving me any more officers who would monitor all of my movements. The message truly made made me feel bittersweet.

Living with her made me fall for her until I found out that Kaori did lie about her death that made me feel so glad but there's something in me that I also felt betrayed. 

I wished Kaori trusted me more. She shouldn't have faked her death and used her parents and showed me a fake tomb! 

My window's open that night. The moon's shining the dark night and I noticed that there are no stars at all.

I stared back at Watari. "Are you sure you still want to be friends with a living quinque like me?"

"You're still Kousei. That's what I know," he grinned at me. I really felt happy that at least one of my old friends accepted me. 

"Thank you, Watari."

"I just hope Tsubaki would be here with me but it seems she doesn't understand your situation. For her, her childhood friend is dead," he informed me. 

I looked straight at him and answered, "I can understand that. What she thinks is true. I am a new born, artificial ghoul. Lastly, a product of a mad scientist. I am his perfect masterpiece. I survived his surgery. I was human and he turned me into a ghoul by transferring a dead ghoul's organs into me without consulting my father."

I could feel his eyes stare back at me. He's definitely shocked by what he heard. "That's... that's horrible!"

"If he didn't do that, I really could have been dead," I told him.

While he just kept silent while he's gazing at me, I felt that there were some people who seemed to have gathered out of my apartment. I stood up and when I peeked down, I was surprised to see the ghouls from Anteiku to actually be in front of my house. 

"Stay here. Don't go down," I said to him. 

"Oh... okay," he replied to me. 

I quickly went out of my room and closed the door. When I'm finally at the living room, I opened my door and welcomed them. 

"Hi, Kousei!" Touka smiled at me. Kaneki and Nishiki are behind her. 

"Your CCG buddy isn't there?" Nishiki leered at me. 

I let them enter my apartment.

"She's given a different mission," I answered. "How did you know where I live?"

"You're easy to track, you know?" Touka told me. "You're the Ghoul Eater."

My eyebrow went up, "You mean?"

"You just ate a ghoul today," Kaneki told me. 

"Manager wanted us to remind you again that you do really have to stop in your addiction. We know that you got used in eating ghouls because of your uncle but you have to stop before you endanger yourself again!" Touka shouted.