Part 2

For a moment I think that my heart stops. Breathing becomes a hard task, and my body heats up. I look around the café, and saw him.  He’s sitting there, as always, to our favorite table. That moment I start doubt. Maybe it wasn’t a good idea to see him.

No Demi. You can do it. Calm down. I say to myself, and sigh. Wilmer sees me and waves but I don’t move. Something inside me is afraid. The smile on his face gives me confidence and I finally drew closer to him.

“Hi.” Suddenly all my confidence is gone. I feel like a teenager, who talks with a boy she likes. I feel butterflies in my belly. I’m a kid again.

“Hi.” Wilmer says, and hugs me tight. All my childishness disappears when I feel his lips on my cheek.  I want to kiss him lips, but we are not a couple. I lost the right to kiss him a few years ago.

After a few seconds it feels awkward.  Wilmer let me out of his hands and I smile. Oh, this smile again. When he is around me, I’m smiling all the time and nervous too. He has effect on me.

We sat down and stare at each other. Neither say a word, and honestly, I have no idea what I could say. When I was home, I felt so confident, thought about every word I say to him, and now I’m sitting in front of him, and smile like an idiot. All my speech is gone and I’m left without a word.

“You look amazing.” Wilmer praises me. I feel my cheeks heating up and becoming red. I’m always like that when he praises me. 

“You look handsome as well.” I praise him too. This is not the expression of politeness. I have to admit that he looks amazing. Maybe it seems to me only, but he looks even more handsome than before.

Between us is silence again. I still have that stupid smile on my face, and he smiles as well, but his smile doesn’t look as stupid as mine. The butterflies in my stomach are still flying, and the only thing I want is to be in his arms and feel his lips on mine.

“Do you have an order?” The waitress interrupts our smiles language. I realized that I didn’t even look at menu.

“Yes, two cups of cappuccino.” Wilmer says and smiles to me again. We drank cappuccino or hot chocolate in this café every time. Actually, I don’t remember the last time we were here. During the last months of our relationship we were fighting a lot, and we weren’t going anywhere together. He spent his time at home, while I spent mine in parties with random people. If I could turn back the time, I wouldn’t go anywhere. I would stay at home with Wilmer. Now this makes no sense.

“Your interview was amazing. I’m very glad that you overcame all that shit, and now you are happy.” Wilmer smiles again. I take a deep breath and prepare myself. It’s a good time to say it.

“I’m not happy.” I say and sigh. “Since the day you left I’m not completely. Yes, my life is so good, but you aren’t there.” I don’t even try to hide that I still love him. It’s the reason why I came here: to admit that I want him.

He stares at me, and I start to breathe deeply. Maybe I didn’t need to tell him that. He probably doesn’t want to be with me, like a couple, and I’ve just ruined our friendship. I open my mouth to apologize, but Wilmer’s words silence me.

“I love you.” He says. My heart stops for a second but then the huge smile appears on my face. In my eyes are tears and I feel like a child again. Everything inside me is flying and I can tell I’m trembling. The smile of my face looks stupidly, I know, but I really don’t care. I’m happy. Now I’m really happy.

“I want to kiss you.” I whisper because I don’t other people to know what are we talking about. A small smile is on Wilmer face, and I know he thinks the same. And I think about how our lips touch each other and after all this time I feel the same chills.

“I don’t want coffee anymore.” Wilmer grins, and I, of course, understand what he is talking about.

“Let’s go.” I blink, and we stand up at the same time. Wilmer takes my hand, and I don’t resist because I know that the media will make a huge bubble out of our meeting, and our holding hands wouldn’t change a thing. At the moment, I absolutely don’t give a fuck about what the other think. I’m happy.

Without words, we sit in the car and Wilmer is driving us to our house, which has been empty for two years. After we broke up we both left this house, but didn’t dare to sell the house. There are so much memories and for both it means so much.  I turn to Wilmer, but he is very focused on the road and not even looks at me. Since we’re together again, or together just for tonight, I want to have his attention. It’s strange how one minute I can be a kid and other want to be in bed with him.

I controlled myself and waited until we arrived. But now we’re here. I can feel his eyes on me. He’s following me and staring at me ass. He used to tell me that my ass drives him crazy, and I understand it didn’t change.

We come to the living room and I turned around to face him. Once again he has a grin on his face. I can’t control myself anymore, so I wrap my hands around his neck, and press my lips to his. Before I could think I know I’m laying on the couch and Wilmer is on top of me. His lips are still on mine, and familiar shivers are running around my body.

After a long making out session we pull away and smile to each other. God, I miss him so much.

“Are we together?” I put my hand on his chest, and stroke it. The only thing I want right now is his kisses but at the same time I want to know what I can expect in the morning.

“Don’t worry, we are.” He smiles to me, and the next thing I’m doing is flipping him on the bed and straddling his waist. He smirks at me while his hands squeeze my ass when I lean over and kiss him. I’m the happiest person in this world.