Part 9

Kristina POV

You can never keep a baby a secret.

I sat in my car seat just thinking bout what and how I'm gonna explain this story to them. Because I have never told them that I was seeingsomeone. I know that I'm an adult ,but still things I do now isn't the way my parents rised me. They were really expecting me to get married before I have any kids just like my older bother Jonathan. To worsen it up, my Lil sister is engage but me I never told them about any guy.
I can't just go to them and say ' hey fam, I was a side chick and now I'm pregnant' seriously I'll sound so pathetic.

*Sighing* I'm going to tell them, no turning back now. If they hate me forever because of that well it'll be on them. This is my life so I must live it somehow.

I step out the car and readjust my sweater properly on me and fixed my hair. Inhaled and exhaled. Took few slow steps to the front door of my old home. Oh how I miss this place. Why couldn't I be little forever?

****

"Welcome home baby!!"

Mom embrace me in a warm hug. And her hugs is what I miss the most. I didn't know growing up would've change me so much.
My mom is in her late 40s. But doesn't look old at all. To me she still looks young with just few gray hair. Her height has shorten somehow. Her golden bronze skin remain the same with no sign of wrinkles. Black really don't crack. She's still slim thick just like my sister and I.

"Steven Kristina is here!"she called out to my father.

He showed up and hugged me also. His height is like a tower compared to mom's just like my older brother Johnathan Light skin like mango when it's a ripe in color. That's where my brother got his color from, but us girls got our mom beauty brown skin tone and traits.

Dad: How's my Lil kiddo doing?

Me: Oh dad I'm not a kid anymore remember.

Dad: Oh I know hon. But you guys will always be my babies.

He kissed my forehead whilst letting me go. Something I wish my baby would receive someday from its father, but I know that's never gonna happen.

We walked into the huge living room. Fresh wood floor scent came to my nose. I had always love the scent of our living room floor. The wood really smells nice. Looking around on the walls, there stood all of our pictures. From preschool graduation pictures to college. Tears welled up in my Eyes as I remembered how I really didn't wanna leave for college years ago. These memories are the best.

Walking over to my favorite fluffy puff white chair I plop myself down on it. They did so also. Dad sat on the chair facing us. They know that i only visited because I either have  something to tell them or something is bothering me. Last time I visited was three months ago when we had our Lil family reunion, I was the only one there with no partner to be all lovey dovey with.

Dad: so what brought you here today?

Me : Well I missed you guys, so I decided to pay y'all a visit.

Mom: But babe you know that  we're only one call away. We don't want you stressing yourself.

Me: I know I know.

Mom: so what's the real reason why you're here?

Dad: Did you finally found a lover? Where is he?

That question didn't even take me off guard for I had already know that they were gonna ask.
I purked my lips to the side and look away from them. Not knowing how to answer. Maybe its a Little too soon to tell them bout the baby. Whoa am I kidding? I should just tell them. No matter how they'll take this I know they'll know that this baby is going to be their grandchild. And not going anywhere no matter what. And if I wait longer to tell them they will be more disappointed than right now.

Me :Mom ,dad I wasn't really in a relationship but I kinda disobeyed you guys. I'm pregnant and the baby father doesn't want to be part of the baby life.

I really don't know where those tears came from but now I was crying uncontrollably. I hid my face in my hands. I closed my eyes tightly as tears streams down in my hands. I don't dare to look up at them. Because I know they're shocked. They said nothing. *sighs* I knew I was always the disappointment one of the family.

Me : I'm sorry that I never told you guys any sooner. But I was a side chick,Instead of picking up my head to be someone's only choice. I know I disappointed you guys. I-I'M SORRRRYYYY..

I started to shake with tears but then I felt a soft hand on my back, rubbing me swiftly but gently. Whilst still crying she grabbed me into her clutches and side hugged me tight. I continued to sob on her shoulder. Thing is I don't really know what I'm really feeling. I'm angry at myself for letting such thing happen. But I'm also sad bout falling for Nate and knowing that he never loved me. So he was only using me and lied to me all those times he said he would leave Crystal for me. And the thing is I was dumb to believe him.

Mom: Its alright baby. We're here for you. We have always been.

Dad: We're humans babe, we are always gonna make mistakes but we'll learn from them. But most importantly my grandchild to be is not a mistake. A baby will never be a mistake but instead a gift.

Him saying that made me cry even harder into my mom shoulder wishing that I didn't feel such disappointment in myself. My eyes are now open and all my senses are back. I was in the darkness all those years believing lies and waiting for a guy who had already had a gf. I was being selfish. Crystal surely didn't deserve that.

Mom: I hope you know that we love you very much. And no we're not happy bout what you did. Now we know you'll do better.

Me: I promise that I will mom, dad.

Dad: We forgive you. But its now your time to make everything right. Remember we will always be there to support you!

Me: Thanks dad. I love you guys too!

I got up out of mama embrace and walked over to dad as he stood up that instant and pulled me into a hug. I snuggled up in his chest. I missed my parents so much.

All of a sudden my phone vibrated in my pocket. I stop hugging dad to check out who messaged me. I said my excuses and unlocked the phone and its Leo.

Frome Leo~ Hey there beauty! I haven't heard from you for like three days now. Not that I was counting. But how are ya;)?

I didn't respond but I close the phone back and face my parents. I don't feel like going to my house for the night. I actually want to stay for the night and enjoy moms homemade dinners.

Me: Can I stay for the night?

Them: Sure hun!!

Of course I Knew that.
I walk upstairs to the bathroom to go get myself together.
I look at my face in the mirror. Red eyes snotty nose. I wash my face and dried on the blue towel I saw hanging on the hangers in the bathroom. Observing myself in the mirror I started to picture the future. "Maybe it is time I make things right" I whispered to myself.

No more living in lies. I'm going to confront Crystal and Nate will pay.