Part 20

Chapter 20

Kristina POV

"What do you mean you want to meet up? " I asked the other person I wasn't expecting a call from.

" I just want to talk to you. That's all " he replied.

Is this guy for real?
He expects me to want to meet up with him and left alone talk to him. Obviously that's what we're doing right now on the phone.

" Well aren't we talking now? Anyways tell me, what do you want now? "I asked out of irritation.

" I want to talk to you face to face. Please, I want to discuss something important with you" he says on the verge of begging.

"Really? How do I not know that you're planning on hitting me again like you did last time? "I asked. If he thinks that calling on a different phone is going to change anything well he has another thing coming.

"OK Kristina I'm really sorry for hurting you that day. I didn't mean it. I promise I won't lay a finger on you. I just want to talk" he said. Hmm yeah right.

"Really? Hmm sounds surprising that you're sorry. All is well anyways. But you're not stepping foot in my house ever again. So I advise you to meet me at Bullard Cafe "I said.

" Thanks so much. I'll meet you up at 9:30?"he asked, sounding unsure.

I stared at the wall clock on my kitchen wall. Thinking about a perfect time to meet up with him. 9:30 isn't a good time for me. Well basically because I was still asleep during that time in the mornings.

Since my due date is almost here I tend to be even more lazier than before. And no I don't look like a watermelon still. But hey I still love this small baby bump. Leo was right, this truly suits me.

"How bout 10:30?"I requested.

He got silent on the other side of the line but then I heard a lot of shuffling. Where he's at anyways? How come my heart ain't  pounding with joy for him now? Times like this from the old me, every time when he calls I would get so excited but now not anymore.

"hello? "I asked.

" Yeah yes sure!! "was all he said before I hung up. I didn't even wait for him to respond.

Setting my phone down on the table I ran my hand through my flat ironed hair. Now that it hits me that I had made the stupidest choice ever. Accepting to meet up with him after what he did to me is a stupid move I made.

I'm so weak. Now what am I going to tell Leo?
Hey I decided to meet up with my baby daddy who had beaten me to talk since he requested to.
Really stupid right?

Maybe I just need closure or maybe it will complete all of the baby's desires. It's not that I wanted to see him, it's just that I need to be a bigger person and talk to him. After all he did apologize but I will need him to do that again in presence. And yes he still has to pay for what he did to me.

And if for some reason he thinks that he can sweet talk me into being with him again, It's not going to happen. My mindset is already set for Leo even though we're taking things slow. Due to the fact that I still need time to pick up myself and when I do, I know I'll do better. It was wrong of me not to think of how much I hurt Crystal by sleeping with her boyfriend. I was just so caught up in my own world of not knowing the real meaning of being Inlove and respecting others' relationships. And now that Leo is in my life, I know. And that I am so grateful for.

****

The next day Nate and I meet up at the cafe.

I wore a black leggings with some brown knee boots and my big white fluffy jacket. It's not actually that cold anymore though. We're now in late July. Summer has started so we're starting to feel a little warm weather. My hair is laid back up in a bun.