Part 23

Chapter 23

ONE MONTH LATER

Kristina POV

"Sure you got it mom? "I asked for the fifth time before stepping out the door.

Mom held a crying Tiffany in her hand and nodded. I look at the eye bags under her eyes and sigh. I knew Tiffany was gonna be stressing her out. Maybe I should just stay home with her instead, but I have to go to work.

"Ummm mom, you look very tired. How about I take her to work with me today? ''I suggested, and stepped back inside.

"No hun. She'll distract you. And don't worry I got it "she rejected.

I know my mom well. Of course she would say that. Always reaching out of her comfort zone just to meet the needs of her children. But now with Tiffany, it looks like tiff will be a grandma's girl.

" Are you sure mom? "I asked, looking at Tiff as she continues to cry.

" Yes babe. Now go before you be late " she pushes me out the door.

Shaking my head I shut the door and walked to my car. Hopped in and drove away.

It's been one whole month and one week since I had Tiffany. And I still look big as ever, but my stomach has gotten down though since it wasn't really big. Some say my skin tone gets lighter and stuff. Honestly I think I look great with this pregnancy after glow.

Work has gotten more of a handful. I had to get new employees since the old ones were acting up. Stella is being a great help as always. She's almost like an assistant to me. And I'm grateful for her, really.

As for Leo and I. Well we're doing great. He stops by once in a while. He's been more busy with work but always tries his best to make up for it. He's always bringing things for Tiff whenever he visits. And for that I tend to love him even more.

Nate, well he's still being Nate. Mom says he stops by everyday while I'm to work and helps her out with Tiff. So if I said she was watching Tiffany for me all on her own, that would be a lie. I see why she's really close to them. Well it's not my fault that I have to work to earn a living. And besides I'm sure I'll have enough time in the future to bond with her. She's still young so I won't worry.

****

Me : Guys don't yall think we should change the style of the shop?

Lisa : Yeah that's a good idea yinno.

Stella : Why?

Me : Well I was just thinking about doing so for a change.

Marsha : She's right!

I look from the purple curtains to the Windows. I think we need new paint. A different color for a change maybe.

Stella : Are you sure about this Kris?

Me: Yes I'm sure.

Stella: Anyways how's Tiffany doing?

Me: She's you know, kicking and doing whatever else newborn babies do.

Seriously I don't like to be home with her like that, so I wouldn't know. The only thing I do with her when I do get home is breastfeed and take her night showers. I have to put her to sleep at night. By morning I'm already ready to leave, so I don't really have a bonding time with her like I was hoping to.

****

Nate POV

I'm so focused on her. She's so pretty with her dark curly hair. I held her small hands in mine like I always do when I come over. I still can't believe she's a little me.

I'm so grateful that her grandmother actually allowed me to come over and have some time with her. She gives me no problems. Now holding her like this has me wondering how Amila would've done the same. Smile when she's ready to. I miss her, but I know she's in a better place now.

I got up with Tiff in my arm and walked over to her crib. I gently place her inside of it. She stirred up in her sleep but I pat her lil booty to get her back to sleep. She barely cries when I'm with her. Well that's because I do everything she wants and give her everything she needs. Want to know how I know how to take care of her? Well ever since she was born and stuff I bought a baby caring magazine. And trust me that really helps. And yes her grandma helps me too.

"Nate" Kristina mom called.

I snap my head towards the doorway. I gave Tiff one last look and then stepped out.

Walking down the stairs I came face to face with Leo. I hate him somehow. Ever Since I met him. It's just the way he looks at me that gives me chills.

"Yes grandma, you needed me"I called out to Kristina's mother.

She was nowhere in sight. I wonder why. She couldn't possibly have called down here jus to leave me alone with him. He stares at me like a mad man.

What's his problem?

Leo : Why are you here?

Me : What do you mean, by why I'm here?

Leo : You have no rights to be here if Kristina isn't around.

Me: hello and so why are you here too then? I'll remind you that I don't come here to see Kristina but only to see my daughter.

Leo: She's still a baby. So Kristina has to be there while you're here.

Me: So you're telling me I'm too dangerous to be round her by myself?

Me :You know what? Whatever, I don't have time for this crap you're giving me.
Grandma I'm leaving.

I walked out the door slamming it behind me. How dare he tell me what to do? He's acting as if he's Kristina's husband or something. Time nah he's only a boyfriend to her. He shouldn't even be allowed around my precious daughter.

I let out a loud sigh and got into my red Mercedes Benz and drove away as fast as I could. My blood is running hot right now. I feel like going back there and slamming him to the wall. But he's lucky that's not my house and my baby is there.

I'll just have to talk to Kristina about him whenever I get to see her.

Honestly I miss Crystal, I feel like my whole life is falling out. The only thing /person that keeps me going everyday is Tiffany. Cause honestly she's the only person I'm trying to live and get better for. So I'll be better. I know that one day she's gonna grow up and she will definitely be a daddy's girl. I don't think I'll ever love someone more than her again.
She's my little Princess!

Edited