One Floor Above

HARRY'S P.O.V

Today's the day. 

The day I take Arabella upstairs. 

I'm probably more nervous than she is. I really don't want to take her upstairs, but I made a promise so it's my job to keep it. 

I'm upstairs in my room right now getting ready for this scary ass day. She probably expects some next level house when in reality, it's just a normal casual house. 

I'm wearing blue skinny jeans with a black shirt. I let my hair air dry since I can't stand the blow dryer. 

I run downstairs to make Arabella and I breakfast. I grab two whole wheat toasts and I spread hummus all over it. I grab us both some orange juice in a plastic bottle, and make my way downstairs. 

ARABELLA'S P.O.V

I'm fucking scared. 

What if he has dead bodies laying on the couch? What if the room is all black? 

My heart is beating so much, to the point where it's making me sick. 

I changed into my pajama shorts and a t-shirt since the dress started to get dirty. 

I can't completely stand up for a long time yet, but I'm getting there. 

The boys left earlier this morning around 7:00AM, since they claim to have work to do. 

I'm waiting for Harry while watching this new show called, Jane The Virgin. 

"Here's breakfast, Arabella," Harry says startling me since I didn't hear him come downstairs. 

I thank him sweetly, and begin to eat the toast that he has made. 

We both finish our food quickly, since it was only one piece of bread. 

I begin to drink my orange juice when Harry decides to let out a very obnoxious yawn. 

I roll my eyes, but I remember to look away so he doesn't see me rolling my eyes; it could ruin my chances from going upstairs. 

The room goes dead silent for a few minutes, the only thing you could hear is our breathing. 

Harry stands up, grabbing my hand and pulling me up with him. 

He reaches behind his pocket, making my eyes widen because I don't know what he's going to pull out. 

"A blindfold?" I asked confused, furrowing my eyebrows. 

"Yes, a blindfold. Now, I need you to turn around so I can put this on you." Harry says, pushing my shoulders around so my back is facing him and my front can only see the couch. 

He puts the blindfold over my eyes, and I feel him tighten it at the back behind my hair. He tightens it pretty tight, but I'm too afraid to complain. 

I suck in a deep breath, then let it out slowly. My heart continues to beat really quickly, since he is probably going to take me upstairs now; at least I hope he will. 

"I'm going to take you upstairs now, Arabella" Harry says, answering the question that I asked myself mentally. I hope I didn't say it out loud because now that, would've been awkward. 

He holds my hand, leading the way. 

"Watch your step," he says, as I slowly make my way upstairs with Harry in front of me holding both of my hands. 

We both make it to the top step. My breathing is still heavy, while Harry slowly opens the basement door. 

I can see light through the blindfold, but I can't see anything else. 

It's completely silent, other than our feet hitting the ground. 

Harry makes an abrupt stop, causing me to hit his chest in the process. 

"I'm going to take the blindfold off now, okay?" Harry says in a form of a question, rather than a statement. 

I nod my head. 

"Arabel-" I cut him off by saying, "okay." 

I know he's shaking his head right now, trying to compose himself but I feel his fingers go to the back of my head, unfolding the blindfold. 

The blindfold slowly comes off, and my eyes try to get used to the blinding light. 

The first thing I see is Harry in front of me, moving my hair that has fallen on my face behind my ear. 

I give him a warm smile, then a loud gasps leaves my mouth. 

The most beautiful kitchen I've ever seen is right in front of me! The combinations of colors are magnificent. It starts off as gold, then a dark-ish brown. 

The counter is right in the middle of the kitchen and its a brown marble, that looks beautiful under the chandelier that hangs above. There is a white sink that is inside of the counter, and one that's off to the side, where a big window is; a window that looks like it should be in a castle. 

I turn around and start admiring the silver colored oven, that has a beautiful landscape painting above it. 

The whole kitchen had a wooden drawers and counters, which made it so antique. 

"Harry, it's all so beautiful," I say in complete awe. 

"It's alright," he replies shrugging his shoulders in the process. 

"Alright? It's beautiful. I wanna see the rest," once I say this I start walking out of the kitchen, but Harry grabs my arm and brings me back. 

I look at him in confusion.

"You can only see the kitchen," Harry says seriously. 

"What, why?" I ask crossing my arms. 

"In order to see the rest of the house, there are some rules and things you have to consistently do in order to explore the rest." Harry says, sitting down on a stool. 

I sit on a stool beside him and ask him to lay down the set of rules that he has for me. 

"Rule number one, you have to clean in order to see more," Harry says strictly. 

"Clean? Like, clean the basmen-" he cuts off my words by saying, "yes the basement." 

I nod my head obediently.  

He clears his throat, then continues, "rule number two, you cannot argue with me." 

I roll my eyes. Harry notices and says, "Arabella, what do I alwa-," I cut him off by raising my voice and saying, "okay Harry, fine." 

He continues. 

"Rule number three, no cursing and always use your words," he says giving me a pointed look.

"But why can't I just see the rest of it now?" I ask in a whine like voice. "I still can't allow you, Arabella," he replies, standing up from the stool and pushing it back in the counter. 

"I won't run away, Harry." I say seriously because he still doesn't believe me. 

"I still don't know that for sure and I'm sorry if it's taking so long for me to believe you. I just don't trust people..." he says, each word breaking my heart. 

"It's okay," I smile, giving him reassurance. 

I lean up to kiss his cheek, letting my lips linger there for a little bit then making my way downstairs with him.