05 ➺ ABANDON HOPE

❝DON'T WANNA TOUCH YOU,BUT YOU'RE UNDER MY SKIN,I WANNA KISS YOU, BUT YOURLIPS ARE VENOMOUS POISON

DON'T WANNA TOUCH YOU,
BUT YOU'RE UNDER MY SKIN,
I WANNA KISS YOU, BUT YOUR
LIPS ARE VENOMOUS POISON.

    A LOUD CRASH echoed throughout Lucifer's penthouse as the man was thrown into the wall and the bottles resting on the glass shelves came down to the floor where they shattered into sharp, deadly shards. However, instead of using them as weapons, Genevieve was quite alright with the literal magic she harbored, and the dark waves erupting from her palms were doing one hell of a job at tossing and throwing her husband around the room. She was quite the fighter, but so was Lucifer — that was why she soon found herself on the floor, grunting as her human body collapsed and met the thin layer of dust covering the floorboards. But instead of winning Genevieve, Lucifer only made her more eager with his attempts to shut the Shedevil's sassy mouth.

     "We do like it rough, don't we?", she broke into an evil grin as she opened her palm to reveal a ball of fire forming against her skin, the flames crackling in the air as she directed it towards Lucifer.

     Clearly, he wasn't too happy about their reunion, and that was precisely what Genevieve had hoped for. The sole reason for her arrival to Earth was the desire to torment Lucifer and give him her pain, and all the suffering she only had to shed. That, along with a hint of curiosity, had kept her in the land of the living, and at last, she was getting some action. Frankly, she had hoped to remain hidden and keep her identity secret for a while longer, but now that it had come out to light, the thrill that came with the possibility to fight and be herself again was absolutely breathtaking. And the look on Lucifer's face?

     Priceless.

     "You've made a bloody mistake coming here, Gen. What do you want?", the Devil spat angrily after successfully dodging the fireball that flew from Genevieve's palm into the wall where it burned a hole before disappearing into a cloud of black smoke. His eyes lost their red shade — the one that always made Ginny's heart thunder in her chest and her lips curve even higher — as his expression softened from wrath to despair, as if he just wanted Genevieve gone. And perhaps that wasn't so far from the truth, after all. However, the queen had no intentions to leave Earth anytime soon.

     Rolling her eyes in disappointment, she blew out the new fireball rising on her hand. "Isn't it obvious? I want revenge. And you of all people should know that when I want something, I will get it no matter what the cost or consequence", Genevieve grinned wickedly, before breaking into ominous laughter that clearly seemed to frustrate Lucifer. The man sighed deeply whilst seemingly giving up — with a lack of interest in fighting, Lucifer stepped away from Ginny and walked towards the shattered bar counter where, miraculously, some bottles still remained, which he was quick to open and pour into a chipped glass.

     "First my Mum and now this? It truly isn't my week", he muttered to himself, but loud enough for Genevieve to catch the bitterly whispered words, and truthfully, she was rather surprised.