18 ➺ WHERE ANGELS FEAR TO TREAD

❝MAMA, WE ALL GO TO HELL,IT'S REALLY QUITE PLEASANT,EXCEPT FOR THE SMELL

MAMA, WE ALL GO TO HELL,
IT'S REALLY QUITE PLEASANT,
EXCEPT FOR THE SMELL.

GENEVIEVE, UNLIKE THE others, was calm and cool. And more than anything, she was ready. The plan sounded simple enough — Amenadiel was making sure that Chloe wouldn't be moved, as Lucifer was in the room below hers, making him vulnerable. Detective Douche was getting the ingredients for the antidote, and last but definitely not least, Genevieve, Maze and Linda were teaming up to kill Lucifer and then bring him back. Once Lucifer would be dead, Ginny would pop down to Hell as well and together, the two would locate the dead professor and get the formula from him.

"How come Chloe makes you vulnerable?", Genevieve wondered as she looked down at her husband and his bare chest, the buttons of his shirt undone, whilst Linda was doing some last-minute research online and Maze was preparing the defibrillator so Lucifer's heart could be stopped with it.

Cocking an eyebrow whilst he took a quick sip of his flask — his version of painkillers — Lucifer seemed rather surprised. "Yes, it turns out the detective is, quite literally, heaven-sent. It's a long story. I'm surprised you didn't know", he offered a vague explanation, and shrugging, Genevieve slightly shook her head. Frankly, it didn't make her happy, how Chloe was getting so close with Lucifer and how she turned out to be more special by the day.

And the Devil could see it in the details of her face.

"Are you jealous?", Lucifer broke into his usual grin, which earned a slap on his shoulder from Genevieve, who hated that word. And that pesky emotion, too. Jealousy wasn't something she wanted to feel, and whenever she did, it rarely ended well. But luckily, Lucifer had words of comfort. "Don't worry, Gen. You are still my wife, after all. Which is precisely why you get to do the honors and kill me", he nodded towards the defibrillator with his lips curving up into a softer smile.

As she tilted her head to the side, Genevieve mirrored the smile, just with a little more sarcasm behind it. "Aww, supporting my dreams and aspirations. You truly are a great husband, Luci", she teased her, and after taking a swig from his flask as well, the queen finally got ready to send the Devil back to where he came from — literally.

Linda was obviously nervous, it was evident in her voice as she explained that Lucifer had sixty seconds before they'd revive him — earning a comment from the man how he had had orgasms longer than that — but what surprised Genevieve, was that Maze seemed worried too. Obviously, she knew that Mazikeen was loyal to Lucifer and cared about him, but this was a side Ginny had never seen. It seemed that Earth had affected the badass demon in some ways, as well.

Eventually, it came time to get it over with, and with that in mind, Genevieve looked down at Lucifer and shot him a small smile. "See you on the other side, sweetheart", she winked, and after returning the smile, Lucifer exhaled heavily and assured that he was ready. And that was Genevieve's cue to place the paddles onto his chest, sending electric waves through his body and causing him to freeze for a moment, before falling onto the bed, limp and dead.